THIS IS WHAT YOU BUY: Competitive Buy List and FAQ

By FiendishDevil, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Bump for visibility as wide release/availability coming up soon.

shame on you for sending me hopefully to the Upcoming page, only to be dissapointed by the lack of status change! ><

shame on you for sending me hopefully to the Upcoming page, only to be dissapointed by the lack of status change! ><

Oh...sorry. It should be out this month probably. Stores have put in their orders.

The place I pre-ordered from has a tentative home delivery date of Sep 29/Oct 1. Seems about right considering the current timeline. Too bad, I was really hoping for a mid September arrival.

Edited by Titan

Ah...well bummer. However, good to know. Thanks for that tidbit Titan.

I'll be getting this game, at least one starter so I can try it out. But what irritates me to no end is the cynical way in which FFG screws over its customers when it comes to content in their starter boxes. My problem is that they so openly force people to buy several starter boxes so that we can get a full set of cards. I might be a little daft, but I believe the basic box should give me a full set of cards for all the cards it contains, instead of forcing customers, who want to play anything but the most casual style of play, to buy TWO more boxes. Fricking annoying way of grabbing money.

I could link you to a good half-dozen articles for THIS GAME ALONE where the merits of this distribution model have been debated, and FFG's reasons for doing it this way are explained (whether you agree with them or not). I just don't have the energy anymore.

Card variety and a good out of the box experience is more important than less card variety with complete playsets.

'Nuff said.

Rather pay $120 bucks to get a full playset than play a CCG where $120 gets you 25 duplicates of the same card and none of the cards you actually need :)

Rather pay $120 bucks to get a full playset than play a CCG where $120 gets you 25 duplicates of the same card and none of the cards you actually need :)

Couldn't agree more, I gave up on anything "collectible" back in the Mage Knight days when my brother would consistently pull way cooler models than me. Never turned back, the LCG model is far superior.

That being said, why not release a "Completionist Pack" of some sort. Essentially, a card pack that has the necessary extra copies of the cards from the core set. Seems like a logical next step. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of that, have the pros/cons of something like that been discussed?

Couldn't agree more, I gave up on anything "collectible" back in the Mage Knight days when my brother would consistently pull way cooler models than me. Never turned back, the LCG model is far superior.

That being said, why not release a "Completionist Pack" of some sort. Essentially, a card pack that has the necessary extra copies of the cards from the core set. Seems like a logical next step. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of that, have the pros/cons of something like that been discussed?

Discussed to death in many threads for all the LCGs over the years and FFG has said it won't be done.

You don't even have to go far to find some examples. These threads, for example, are still on the front page of this very forum.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/114350-something-i-dont-get-about-lcgs/

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/113946-core-set-distribution/

Edited by CommissarFeesh

Don't forget to mention when buying multiple core sets to check if you have any buddies looking to get into the game rather than each of you buying that many extras maybe splitting some of the stuff may be worthwhile to share the cost.

Pack 4 announced

Updated what three core sets gives.

Each faction only has two cards that get duplicated. Neutrals are duplicated, but it's not an issue. The only trash duplicates are warlords, signature cards, planet cards, and info cards.

Overall, I am very happy with what three core sets gave me. Very little duplicates!

Edited by FiendishDevil

And tokens.

Edit: Token units I mean. You can only have 10 of any token in play.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

To clarify, each opponent can have 10 of each token type in play. Example: If you're both playing AM, you can both have up to 10 Guardsman tokens in play.

Edited by PBrennan

Yep. I edited it a bit.

Theoretically, it's only one set of token cards unusable. If you have a mirror match using your cards -- two ork decks for example, you need two sets of snotling tokens.

Yep. I edited it a bit.

Theoretically, it's only one set of token cards unusable. If you have a mirror match using your cards -- two ork decks for example, you need two sets of snotling tokens.

Good point, I suppose, though I'm not sure with even three core sets you could really build two full Ork decks to pit against each other.

I think it's possible. You could run ork deck warlord but have mostly splashed cards from other faction. Would be a poor deck, so not a good example.

It'll be alot easier to do after the first warpack cycle.

Bump for visibility. No new info released.

5th pack announced.

Isha is the Eldar goddess of fertility.

@Toqtamish hehehe but no article announcement or listed on product page yet :)