The final faction revealed, which will you choose?

By WonderWAAAGH, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I'll be playing Tau at first, but I might fall back to Space Marines if their resource dominance is as good as I'm thinking it will be.

For the Greater Good!

I'll be rocking the WAAAAGH! but I can't help but want to throw down a bunch of tanks via IG.

I'll be rocking the WAAAAGH! but I can't help but want to throw down a bunch of tanks via IG.

I'm still a little sore that they chose to go with an inquisitor for their second commander rather than Pask (or some equivalent), but I'm sure I'll be able to content myself with another faction in the intervening... well, year, I guess.

Do both!

I'm still a little sore that they chose to go with an inquisitor for their second commander rather than Pask (or some equivalent), but I'm sure I'll be able to content myself with another faction in the intervening... well, year, I guess.

Ragnar Blackmane is not an Inquisitor.

He's also not part of the Astra Militarum. This is what I'm referring to:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4912

Throughout the War Packs of the Warlord cycle, every faction receives a new warlord, ranging from an Imperial Inquisitor to an Eldar Phoenix Lord, and each of these new champions encourages the exploration of a new style of play.

So, we already know what the next AM warlord is going to be, we just don't know its name yet.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

I'll be rocking Chaos, no matter the meta. I'll make it work, you hear me! I'LL MAKE IT WORK!

I'm not decided between Astra Militarium and Da Orkz. I know that playing both is an option, but I'm not sure I want to mix them.

I suspect I'll be going Orks and Chaos. I was wavering between Chaos and the Imperial Guard because I'm really a massive great Nurgle fan - but then the Nurgle spoilers arrived and that was that.

An imperial inquisitor as part of the Astra Militarum? The Inquisition is an entirely separate organization, just as much as the space marines are. Don't really care for that one. I suppose you just can't be making new factions for every imperial organization, but perhaps they all should have been together in one faction instead of separate ones.

I'm fine with AM having an Inquisition warlord. They're gonna end up being the catch all faction for the various imperial organizations. Too bad that means Sisters of Battle, Adepta Sororitas, will likely end up in there to.

There could be a special rule about them being usable as a Space Marine warlords as well, even though it might not make sense in every case. *cough* Space Wolves *cough*

He's also not part of the Astra Militarum. This is what I'm referring to:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4912

Throughout the War Packs of the Warlord cycle, every faction receives a new warlord, ranging from an Imperial Inquisitor to an Eldar Phoenix Lord, and each of these new champions encourages the exploration of a new style of play.

So, we already know what the next AM warlord is going to be, we just don't know its name yet.

It's probably more likely to see an Inquisitor requisition some Imperial Guardsmen than a complement of Space Marines anyway.

So what are we thinking; Ordo Hereticus or Ordo Malleus? I suppose there's a case for Ordo Xenos, but isn't that the Deathwatch? Or do they have non-Deathwatch parts in Xenos too?

I have always understood the Deathwatch to be the space marines that are seconded by their chapters to the Ordo Xenos. Other agents of the Ordo are not Deathwatch. Which brings up an interesting point. If the Deathwatch is ever made, are they Space Marines faction or Astra Militarum faction?

BTW, is anyone else having trouble using the quote function, or is it just me?

Edited by Titan

Śince they are space marines I would say that Deathwatch would be part of the Space Marine faction.

I am quite the fan of the space marines but everytime I think about deckbuilding and combos, my brain goes straight to the Tau. I am not a huge fan of the Tau (I started reading into 40K after the announcement for this game, prior to that I would say "What is 40k?") but they are really starting to grow on me.

I know alot of people are saying they are the worst out of the box but I am thinking otherwise. Shadowsun having the ability to bring cards out of discard for free combo'd with their other cards for free effects, they could really make a boom. Plus, their are bound to be more attachment effects that we have not seen yet. My brain is singing with ideas of a character being deployed at 2/2, then applying an additional 2/2 attachment, then dropping Repulsor Field on it. Now you opponent is dealing with a 4/4 unit with a bounce back damage potential. If their is any standing tech we have not seen yet, good night.

This may all be to the wind when it comes out and these things are not doable, but dagnabit, I am going to make it happen.

P.S: Yes, I did you dagnabit and I feel good doing it.

Also, the idea of a 1 cost chud with a Gun Drone attached makes me salivate.

It's probably more likely to see an Inquisitor requisition some Imperial Guardsmen than a complement of Space Marines anyway.

So what are we thinking; Ordo Hereticus or Ordo Malleus? I suppose there's a case for Ordo Xenos, but isn't that the Deathwatch? Or do they have non-Deathwatch parts in Xenos too?

If recent THQ properties are any indication, it'll probably be OH.

Adrastia_dow2r_cover_art.jpg

As a guy that loves his white weeine in MTG (and wizards,but nothing screams "mono blue" in this game) I'm going with IG! They better have a rule that lets you have MORE then 10 tokens, just saying.

also do we know what the tokens stats are yet?

Elder look to be the closest to "Blue". I think they are clearly the "control" faction in the spoilers, though Imps could very well be a "wienie" type deck, though they tend to have some really hulking hardware don't they? Isn't that their thing?

Until everyone feels the Shadow in the Warp I'll be throwing hordes of Boyz at my opponents. Hopefully we don't have to wait long for the Hive Mind to make its appearance.

Khymaera tokens are 2/1. I think Guardsmen are 1/1, can't remember now but they're in the preview for the faction.

khymera-token.png guardsman-token.png

Imp's Tokens are damage soaks, while Dark's are attack. From what I have seen I expect a damage soak to be more powerful.

Edited by booored

Thanks for the image links :)

khymera-token.png guardsman-token.png

Imp's Tokens are damage soaks, while Dark's are attack. From what I have seen I expect a damage soak to be more powerful.

Yeah, the Guardsman just looks like he'll stick around longer. Mind you, if one can get those Khymera's to be able to attack the opposing Warlord....

Still, though, damage mitigation seems to be the name of the game. I think - early on at least - proper use of shield cards will be the big "player skill" factor in this game. It's not how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get it and still get back up...