The final faction revealed, which will you choose?

By WonderWAAAGH, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Yeah, shield cards just add in a whole new level, and stop combat being a foregone conclusion.

Never mind the agony of choice... do I REALLY want to give up the awesome ability of my Cybork Body to save that unit...? Can I afford to let him die?

Elder look to be the closest to "Blue". I think they are clearly the "control" faction in the spoilers, though Imps could very well be a "wienie" type deck, though they tend to have some really hulking hardware don't they? Isn't that their thing?

AM have alot of big beefy tanks. I am looking forward to the big tank baller deck to eventually come out. It is bound to happen.

Bring on the mother-ucking BANEBLADE!!

Yeah, shield cards just add in a whole new level, and stop combat being a foregone conclusion.

You know the shielding factor is the biggest wild card for me in this game. I really have no idea how this will effects the game. It is a rather unique idea for a game of this type and will drastically alter how you evaluate cards. Card Draw, Cycling and Shields / Soaks.. . coupled with the way combat goes in rounds till retreat or death.. I think for now at least it is very very hard to predict what kind of card is going to be most effective.

Bring on the mother-ucking BANEBLADE!!

You know the shielding factor is the biggest wild card for me in this game. I really have no idea how this will effects the game. It is a rather unique idea for a game of this type and will drastically alter how you evaluate cards. Card Draw, Cycling and Shields / Soaks.. . coupled with the way combat goes in rounds till retreat or death.. I think for now at least it is very very hard to predict what kind of card is going to be most effective.

I agree about it being a wild card, but I'm quietly hopeful that it'll be good at essentially stopping the game from turning into a mathematical puzzle and keep a bit of unpredictability on the battlefield. That said, I'll be biting my fist as much as anyone when my sure-fire strategy falls apart because of those cards. Heh.

My primary army in 40k is and always will be Space Marines. However, my secondary army is Dark Eldar. It is my opinion that no other models in the warhammer game are as pleasing (aesthetically) or as challenging as Dark Eldar. As such, both will be my primary factions.

My primary army in 40k is and always will be Space Marines. However, my secondary army is Dark Eldar. It is my opinion that no other models in the warhammer game are as pleasing (aesthetically) or as challenging as Dark Eldar. As such, both will be my primary factions.

I agree, the Dark Eldar models are some of the best in the game. I don't like the theme, but I almost picked DE because of the models alone.

I agree, the Dark Eldar models are some of the best in the game. I don't like the theme, but I almost picked DE because of the models alone.

For any fans of the old World of Darkness, the Dark Eldar are definitely the space Tzimisce (specifically, the Homunculi). They're absolutely dripping with flavor, in that sort of taboo, hedonistic way that our cultural mores won't permit us to openly celebrate.

I am just excited about the 21 deck metagame, mono, left ally, right ally.

Right out of the box!

yea, I'm very happy that a "wild" card like shield cards exist. I've played too many card games where things quickly turn predictable and the whole experience is just a playing out of the foregone conclusion. The only conflict was settled when players decided to bring Deck A or Deck B to the table and player choices/run-time decisions have nothing to do with it. I think Armorbane will QUICKLY become the highly sought after keyword.

As such, I still like the Tau because it looks like they'll have the most versatility with making the unit that lives (the one you use shield cards to protect) the super unit. Pick a Fire Warrior (or Crisis suit) and upgrade them until you can win the battle. Keep that one guy alive. Repeat at next planet.

Tactica Tau, right there!

yea, I'm very happy that a "wild" card like shield cards exist. I've played too many card games where things quickly turn predictable and the whole experience is just a playing out of the foregone conclusion. The only conflict was settled when players decided to bring Deck A or Deck B to the table and player choices/run-time decisions have nothing to do with it. I think Armorbane will QUICKLY become the highly sought after keyword.

As such, I still like the Tau because it looks like they'll have the most versatility with making the unit that lives (the one you use shield cards to protect) the super unit. Pick a Fire Warrior (or Crisis suit) and upgrade them until you can win the battle. Keep that one guy alive. Repeat at next planet.

Tactica Tau, right there!

I agree. I want to try a Tau-Tron deck. Make one or 2 units that are super beefy with attachments and effects. Then crush the opponents unit at the planet. Then you can use the spoiled Tau event to exhaust one of them and move them to the next planet.

Boom Shaka Laka

Tau and Dark Eldar

I plan on giving them all a try, but keen to play Orks as they're probably my favourite army, especially Speed Freeks-type forces.

That said, as soon as Sister of Battle become available in this game? I'm there. This game will most probably the most cost efficient way of building *any* sort of army for them! ;)

I'll probably play them all at least once, but as far as my fave faction is concerned...

CHAOS

always chaos

I've been a chaos fanboy ever since "Realms of chaos: Slaves to darkness" came out.

Speaking of factions...

Is it ok to use the SQ- word in this forum? :D

no... no it is not.

Orks and then everyone else.

I'm leaning to an Eldar with Dark Eldar support. Looks like some good synergy with Eldar abusing exhausted units and Dark Eldar routing units.