Rules up for download and Tau preview up

By KillMaimBurn, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Available to view on home page (can't do links on my phone)

Oh good, reading material. It'll be nice to acquaint myself with the complete rules in anticipation of the game's release a few months from now.

Oh good, reading material. It'll be nice to acquaint myself with the complete rules in anticipation of the game's release a few months from now .

Is the release really that far? I was hoping it would be in august.

Oh good, reading material. It'll be nice to acquaint myself with the complete rules in anticipation of the game's release a few months from now .

No it's not. It's releasing at GenCon to those there and then to general public in mid September.

No it's not. It's releasing at GenCon to those there and then to general public in mid September.

So, a month and a half. I really don't see much of a semantic distinction... or a practical one.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

I have to say - I think FFG continues to learn from the past and improve on the way they write their rulebooks. Both the Learn to Play and the Rules Reference Guide are really well put together, IMHO. Kudos, FFG.

I wish the glossary format of the first half of the RRG (combining term definitions and detailed explanations of game mechanics) existed for all of the other LCGs!

On Tau - looks interesting, but I've always personally struggled with deckbuilding for attachment-centric themes. I always seem to end up with a fistful of attachments and nothing to attach them to, or a fistful of unit that are underpowered waiting for their gear.

Dunno where you are getting that. All retailers still show august, my local store still saying near the end of august.

Dunno where you are getting that. All retailers still show august, my local store still saying near the end of august.

It only went on the boat yesterday. It generally takes 6 weeks from on the boat to on store shelves. It's more likely early to mid September depending on how far you live from FFG and distributors than any chance of non GenCon goers seeing it this month.

I have to say - I think FFG continues to learn from the past and improve on the way they write their rulebooks. Both the Learn to Play and the Rules Reference Guide are really well put together, IMHO. Kudos, FFG.

I wish the glossary format of the first half of the RRG (combining term definitions and detailed explanations of game mechanics) existed for all of the other LCGs!

On Tau - looks interesting, but I've always personally struggled with deckbuilding for attachment-centric themes. I always seem to end up with a fistful of attachments and nothing to attach them to, or a fistful of unit that are underpowered waiting for their gear.

Yeah, that or my opponent nukes the enhanced unit with one destruction card and destroys both the unit and one or two attachments with a single card. And I just handed him a nice two or even three for one card advantage. Ugh. I hope shield cards can help mitigate this a bit for Tau (or any other faction) in this game.

Yeah, that or my opponent nukes the enhanced unit with one destruction card and destroys both the unit and one or two attachments with a single card. And I just handed him a nice two or even three for one card advantage. Ugh. I hope shield cards can help mitigate this a bit for Tau (or any other faction) in this game.

That is why the Tau have the support card in Shadowsun's sig squad that negates an effect against a unit with attachments.

That is why the Tau have the support card in Shadowsun's sig squad that negates an effect against a unit with attachments.

Unfortunately, it only prevents a triggered effect. This would not help against a destruction card.

Unfortunately, it only prevents a triggered effect. This would not help against a destruction card.

Wouldn't a destruction effect be a triggered effect? It would have to have "interrupt" "action" or "response" I would imagine anyway. So it should be protected.

Or are you referring to cards like Exterminatus or Doom?

I got bored yesterday and decided to pick a random news article from Warhammer 40K: Conquest to read just to see what it's about. This one about the Tau happened to be the one I clicked on and I was quite impressed. The design, the art, the mechanics ... it seems like a really well-built game. Just reading this announcement made me really excited to try out the Tau, even though I had no intentions of picking up this game.

I hope I can get a demo of this game and play as the Tau, because if it's as fun as it looks, I may pick up a core after all.