WFRP3 future (french edition)

By Thabanne, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Hello

I'm Thabanne, french gamemaster of WFRP3.

Like everybody, we're waiting for news about the game, would it be in english or, of course, in french.

Edge translated Enemy Within but since we don't have Signs of Faith, Hero's call, Omens of War and Lure of power, they asked the permission to FFG to add the relevant cards to the french translation. They're waiting for the answer for months now, nobody seems to care. And we don't have Enemy Within.

Has somebody here any clue about that.

Do FFG people read this forum. Or should I directly try with mail ?

Thanks

Aside from some 3rd party or freelance writers, FFG rarely if ever participate in these forums. I would try e-mail.

So this is why all other countries have to wait? because france wanted some extra stuff?

Well done...

You misunderstood.

French edition is far from being complete: only the guides, vaults, bestiary, gathering storm and winds of magic have been edited so far. As the V3 is going to the end, the french editor Edge decided that next product to publish would be The Enemy Within (the missing ones: edge of night, witch's song, omens, lure, faith, black fire, heros call would not be translated). But TEW needs some cards from previous supplements, so Edge asked the permission to add them into TEW in order to propose a complete supplement. But there is no reply from FFG or GW to allow this. So french edition is frozen waiting for FFG/GW decision.

The US edition from FFG is not impacted by the french edition.

No, i didn't misunderstood.

I am german and we are far from complete as well.

And all other countries but US have to wait for each other to finish translating.

As soon everyone is done, it goes to the printer.

Germany is done with The Enemy Within since ages.

So we are still waiting for france because they wanted some extra cards in their box.

So, our edition is frozen because of france.

Now, if i indeed misunderstood something, let me know...

So, get your thoughts together. You are not waiting "for France" (which is a very weird thing to say), but for FFG/GW to simply reply to an editor to include already created cards into the box of a supplement where it could be useful.

Btw, the translation is done in french for ages too.

Edited by Far2Casual

Well, of course it sounds weird. But if you think in an buisness logical way, it doesn't sound weird at all.

Trust me, this is exactly how it works. We EU folks and everyone else but USA have to wait indeed for each other to finish translating the product. As soon everyone is done, it goes to the printer.

That is, if everyone actually sends the final translated version to FFG. Obviously France didn't because of their extra cards wishes.

If france alreay sent it to FFG, then, and only then i am indeed wrong and something else is f..... up.

The french translation of the enemy within is done since january, as far as I know. No answer from FFG since.

You had exactly the same translations than us ? I tought we were tied to spain only, since Edge is a french/spanish editor.

I'm going to mail FFG.

Angry german is bitching about France, because some people prefer to pay for a complete product than have half of it for the same price.

WWIII soon ?

You better use this "freeze time" to ask for those cards in german too, instead of wasting it crying on frenchies.