Haven't been able to find the answer to this...

By klonoa, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

I have searched around and have not been able to find the answer to this question. Hopefully you guys can help. I know that when putting resources on a quest card it comes from the resource pool rather than your own personal resource pile. What about non quest cards with similar actions though? For instance, the card curse of years. It seems like this card requires resources to come from your own personal pile, is this true of all non quest cards with actions to put resources on them?

In general, resource tokens that are put on cards come from the general supply, not a player's pool. The exception are cards that explicitly speak of tokens from your pool, like Temple of Verena.

I have searched around and have not been able to find the answer to this question. Hopefully you guys can help. I know that when putting resources on a quest card it comes from the resource pool rather than your own personal resource pile. What about non quest cards with similar actions though? For instance, the card curse of years. It seems like this card requires resources to come from your own personal pile, is this true of all non quest cards with actions to put resources on them?

If you think about it, basically those resource tokens are only pointers on those cards. When you have the thougths about a card's text there is savings what you can use later on that usually going from your pool to the particular card. Otherwise, follow what the card says. Exactly as Mallumo's answered.

That makes sense but I am still confused. When looking at the card curse of years, "attached unit get -1 hit points for each resource token on this card. Action: at the beginning of its controller's turn, put a resource token on this card." What is to stop you from just putting as many tokens as you want on the card at the start of your next turn? (since it does not say the action has a limit).

Because it triggers off of the beginning of your turn. It's only the beginning of your turn once a turn and so you can only put a resource on it that often.

Yep. Basically it will kill the attached unit softly (shortly) or a weak unit quickly within couple of turns as you put every turn an additional resource token on to your card which attached to one of your opponent's unit and that particular unit will sufer -1 hit point per resource token on your support card. The limit is one resource token per turn of the card's controller's turn. Which effect is happening exactly in the beggining of his turn.