Iain Stirling and friends

By Kahadras, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Currently I'm looking at a new Criminal build that focuses on resources and connections as I really haven't used these types of card yet (usualy running a Noise virus or a Chaos Theory shaper deck). Thinking the deck might be a bit slow to get going I decided to try Iain Stirling as an identity as his main benefit comes from going behind...

Identity - Iain Stirling

Events -

x3 Easy Mark

x3 Emergency Shutdown

x3 Forged Activation Orders

x3 Hostage

x3 Special Order

Hardware -

x2 Desperado

x3 Dyson Mem Chip

Programs -

x3 Crescentus

x2 Corroder

x2 Gordian Blade

x2 Garrote

Resources -

x2 Decoy

x3 Access to Globalsec

x3 Underworld Contact

x3 John Masanori

x2 Mr Li

x3 Kati Jones

Cards - 45

Influence - 10

If you're trying to spend the first part of the game setting up the engine to come from behind, you might want Professional Contacts instead of John Masanori, Logos instead of Desperado, and Helpful AI is link that can be Hostaged. With Iain's limited influence, I'd only use one of each of the Shaper cards.

If you cut the Crescentus, you won't need the Dysons either.

Influence is the problem for this deck at the moment which is why I went for Masanori and Dysons. The Crescentus is more there because of Dysons rather than the other way round. I have to admit that Logos is tempting and I'm looking to experiment with the two consoles.

I've had limited success with Iain connection-heavy. My latest build is a little weird and cuts the link in favour of (gasp) Q-coherence, but I've yet to test it fully.

I've found Masanori to be excellent, but I wonder if you need them in multiples. With Hostage in-faction and Mr. Li (plus Logos) you should be able to get any connection you want.

Tri-maf is also strong in multiples, but then consider Crash Space over Decoy ad it can clear the tags and prevent damage if you get SEA sourced or similar.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

I've played quite a few games with the deck so far and I've done a bit of tweaking. To be honest the deck is really just waiting for Rachel Beckman in order to be fully realised but it's been fairly successful so far. I pulled out the Easy Marks and replaced them with Security Testing which I've found works very well with Desperado and Masanori. In my last game I was starting my turn with a run on Archives netting me three credits and a card which forced my opponant ICE up Archives.

The credit generation of the deck is really impressive with Iain, Underworld Contact, Katie and the forementioned Security Testing Run every turn.

So the deck's taken some serious refining since I first came up with the idea...

Ian Stirling and Friends

Ian Stirling - Retired Spook

Events -

x3 Calling in Favors

x3 Special Order

x3 Hostage

Programs -

x2 Corroder

x2 Pheromone

x2 Gordian Blade

x2 Garrote

Hardware -