Raise Dead Card

By gavinwatson, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Hi Guys,

I've searched this forum for 'raise dead' and couldn't find an answer to my question. I apologise if it's already been answered in some way. Have just purchased the Legions of Darkness expansion, read through the instructions and studied the disks. It all looks fantastic but one thing confused me. The 'Raise Dead' command card says you can reannimate a small or medium disk within medium range, but have to then add a reannimate and activation token to it. Surely that means you cannot then use it (because it's activated), then at the end of the round it returns to the casulty pile (because of the reannimate token). I thought perhaps your supposed to use it with an ability that removes or moves activation tokens but that didn't seem right. Or perhaps are you're supposed to reanimate a disk in this way and place it pinning enemy disks?

Would really appriciate it if someone could clear this up for me.

Thanks in advance,

Or perhaps are you're supposed to reanimate a disk in this way and place it pinning enemy disks?

this :)

Normally you'd reanimate it on top of your enemy. There may be other uses, but I haven't used the card much yet. I suppose you could also use it to reanimate a disk on top of your own unit to prevent it from being pinned for a round as well. VC don't have a way to remove activations, so you won't be able to move it once it's placed.

Thanks guys, that's cleared it up.

Although what do you mean by "...on top of your own unit to prevent it from being pinned". How does pinning one of your own disks prevent it from being pinned by the enemy? Do you mean to protect it from a particular direction, in the sense that an enemy would have to move slightly further to pin the disk beneath?

well... top disk prevent lower from being attacked BUT lower canot move because it has disk on themselves

I think I need to revist the rule book, I've not read anything about pinning your own disk to prevent an enemy disk pinning it.

Ah! unless you mean you reannimate and place the disk exactly on top of one of your own disks, making it impossible for an enemy disk to touch and therefore pin the disk beneath?

Ah! unless you mean you reannimate and place the disk exactly on top of one of your own disks, making it impossible for an enemy disk to touch and therefore pin the disk beneath?

;)

I think I need to revist the rule book, I've not read anything about pinning your own disk to prevent an enemy disk pinning it.

Not sure when or how it would be effective, but the thought just popped into my head.

Edited by MechaBri.Zilla

Hiyas!

If it's a cavarly, missile or infantry undead unit & you're using the "Stratagems" rules-card (conveniently included in the Lords of Darkness Expansion , you could most definitely, raise it, activate it & refresh it, if the caster's a Hero (I believe)!

Sneaky vamps!

HtH

L

Edited by LETE

I still don't see how the reanimate works at all, can it move or shoot once it has been reanimated?

Edit

Although looking at the cards and the rules again it seems you can. I think the part about the activation token was confusing, it made me think that it was an alternative reinforce action... :unsure:

Edited by Thrasher

@Thrasher

According to rulesheet of "Legions of darkness" page two, a reanimated unit is placed in short range of the reanimating unit. It does NOT receive an activation token. Therefore it can be activated in the ongoing game to do whatever you do during an activation: moving or shooting or whatever. Remember that all disks with reanimation tokens are returned to the owners discard pile during the end phase.

Did this answer your question about reanimation? I hope that helped.

Edited by Katsuyori

Dear Thrasher: mebbe I'm reading more in your posts but I believe you could be confusing the Raise the Dead card w/the Reanimate (X) power. Both sound alike but are implemented differently.

In MOHO, the Raise the Dead card is primarly there "just in case" your army doesn't have disks w/ Reanimate (X) ability.

HtH

L

Edited by LETE