2014 Nationals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Planet X in Mississauga on Oct 25th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/682200085187323/

(thanks Vuud)

Date is correct, venue is still TBD. If I had to guess I would say the Legion Hall in Oakville to be able to comfortably accommodate all interested players.

+1 for the Legion! The in-laws are within walking distance!

It is indeed at a Royal Canadian Legion Hall but in Hamilton, not Oakville. And coincidentally it is walking distance from my house!

Here are the results from the Nordic Championship.

However, the top eight are not in the order of the end of swiss but after the championship bracket so only the positions below eight are correct for the end of swiss:

http://www.starfighters.se/spelrapporter/nordic-championship-2014/

Edited by Veldrin

Here are the results from the Nordic Championship.

However, the top eight are not in the order of the end of swiss but after the championship bracket so only the positions below eight are correct for the end of swiss:

http://www.starfighters.se/spelrapporter/nordic-championship-2014/

Thanks, he also emailed me directly. I emailed him back to see if he has the brackets for elimination. I'm pulling everything in now.

is the chewy alt art card for all nationals?

Very cool to see the 2xDelta with HLC + Jonus with Predator make it to the top 4. That's a list I really want to try.

Very cool to see the 2xDelta with HLC + Jonus with Predator make it to the top 4. That's a list I really want to try.

It is a nice list. More interesting to me is the decission into predator for Jonus, instead of PS3 on his Defenders or something else. I would like to know why exactly, and if it was because he felt he needed the extra shooting.

It is a nice list. More interesting to me is the decission into predator for Jonus, instead of PS3 on his Defenders or something else. I would like to know why exactly, and if it was because he felt he needed the extra shooting.

That is the question I have right now with the list I want to try. PS3 Defenders or the Predator for Jonus. Having Predator for Jonus definitely makes him more useful and adds a little fire power, but shooting before the swarms and the PS2 Rebels as well as not being penalized by Predator and Flight Instructor type cards is also very useful.

It was pretty good tournament and was definitely tougher than Finnish Regionals..

I was a bit disappointed not making it to Top 8 which was my minimal goal, but I can't complain that much.. (That 1 Evade..) (I got to 10. place after Swiss rounds, MoV was ~4. best)

Finals were a bit bad, because I expected it to be more closer, but Rebel player rolled his dice like a god and Imperial.. not so much. It's part of the game.

Tournament itself was nicely organized, even though I would've liked 75 min rounds for Swiss, but it was a matter of scheduling.. I don't have much to say how to make things better.. Venue was good, tables were good enough.. Play mats were awesome.. Hanging area was nice too. Good Job.

Now to hope we get something here in Helsinki, Finland too.. Have to start talking to local store about next year..

GL to Nordic champion to Worlds! Was nice talking to him.

Edited by Hwarangdaem

Minor email updates from the Nordic Championship, we now have the elimination brackets of who beat who in each round. Check it out on the first page.

I'm looking at all the lists again, and realizing that there were quite a few Phantom squads out of the 37, but only one made it into the Top 8. And the one that did, was unlucky enough to lose to the winner (Han Solo!) in the first round.

Also, related to GenCon United States Nationals: I'm in email contact with the Stuart Wilson from FFG, who will be on-site. So hopefully we can work out ahead of time how to best get all the data from GenCon. It'll be a pretty monumental undertaking, since it essentially invoices three separate tournaments, of 128, (up to 128), and 64 players each. Ideally we can get 100% of the lists and their rankings, we'll see.

MajorJuggler,

Here are the standings after the swiss rounds only in the Nordic Championship:
(you'll have to do some detective work to pair the player with the squads)

1959407_10154404242620251_52524393495957

Edited by Veldrin

The information we have is quite spotty. If you have ANY information on any other Nationals, please let me know.

Hi Major,

I've got some information about the german Nationals.

Date: August 24

Venue Name: Deutsche Meisterschaften Heidelberger Spieleverlag

Legal expansions: everything through wave 4

Attendance: max. 80

Info: http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=299&t=17925

Format: 6 rounds of Swiss, Final Cut to Top 4 (if less then 64 player 5 rounds of Swiss)

MajorJuggler,

Here are the standings after the swiss rounds only in the Nordic Championship:

(you'll have to do some detective work to pair the player with the squads)

Thanks! I did better... between that info and what's on the website, I figured out how much each player won / lost by in the elimination brackets as well.

Hi Major,

I've got some information about the german Nationals.

Date: August 24

Venue Name: Deutsche Meisterschaften Heidelberger Spieleverlag

Legal expansions: everything through wave 4

Attendance: max. 80

Info: http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=299&t=17925

Format: 6 rounds of Swiss, Final Cut to Top 4 (if less then 64 player 5 rounds of Swiss)

Thanks, updated!

I also added the Spanish Regionals.

There will be 4 Nationals in the next 3 weeks!

Friendly bump, since GenCon is just finishing up their Flight 1 tonight!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Finals on Saturday (Top 64 from Flight 1 and Flight 2) are going to start at 10:00 am local time.

Just got through talking to Frank Brooks to confirm the start time for finals on Saturday (as the "start time" published for the preliminary rounds was actually the start of registration). Since there is no actual registration required (just show up and start playing) they want to try to start PLAYING at 10:00am. He asked me to help get the word out, thus my post.

Thanks.

Flight 1 Top Players, listed by name. I should have the full squad lists next week from FFG's Stuart Wilson.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/113430-day-1-gen-con-results/?p=1201730

10461370_10105250883454344_7902161611428

Note that James is actually the first name on the list, so everyone is one rank lower than the number in the left column.

Shout out to Paul! Kick some butt brother!

Dom as well! I vote for a Dom vs Paul final!

Edited by EvilEd209

Wow that's a heavy hitting top 4 - congrats to all for the first heat. Does anyone have knowledge of what these guys played squad wise???

Wow that's a heavy hitting top 4 - congrats to all for the first heat. Does anyone have knowledge of what these guys played squad wise???

Not really. Well, I don't at least. We do have this:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/113430-day-1-gen-con-results/?p=1201764

I assume Paul is using Biggs walks the Dogs?

He's using a fat han list with han, Biggs, and a tala (I think maybe a bandit)

I know Paul is running a Fat Han list with Biggs and two Talas... that's all I know

Edited by EvilEd209

I know Paul is running a Fat Han list with Biggs and two Talas... that's all I know

Han + Biggs + 2x Tala only leaves 3 points for upgrades, so I'll go out on a limb then, and guess that he is running:

100 points

Han Solo + C-3P0 (49)

Biggs (25)

2x Tala Squadron Pilot (26)

I have noticed that Paul's lists are fantastically efficient with upgrades. 3 points of upgrades in a 100 point list, with the 3 points being C-3P0, is really good. Tala's don't get the extra reroll against them from Predator, and Biggs holds the whole thing together, ensuring Han lives until the mid / end game every time.

Interestingly enough, this list could actually be beaten by a Whisper + miniswarm, but it should do extremely well against other Han / Chewie + Z's lists.

Biggs Darklighter (25)

Han Solo (46)

Marksmanship (3)

C-3PO (3)

Gunner (5)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Millennium Falcon (1)

Tala Squadron Pilot (13)

Total: 100

Would look closer. Of course the EPT for Han could be different. But points wise, if he is playing a fat han, it should look close to that imho. But well, i would speculating too. I just don't feel that Han withouth gunner.

Edited by DreadStar

Well, if it is 2x Talas like Ed says then that wouldn't work.

If it's 1x Tala as above, then he wouldn't take Marksmanship over Predator (or Push the Limit). I still think that he would rather have 3 ships for support. I'm sticking with my original guess. ;) And if Ed says it's 2x Talas then it must be true!

DreadStar - Except I think Paul is running two Talas.

MJ - I think you are close.

I stand corrected, 62 points of Han, Biggs and a Tala... he posted that this morning.

Yeah, i would had said the same than MJ if it wasn't for the "Fat Han" part, but could had been either way..

I stand corrected, 62 points of Han, Biggs and a Tala... he posted that this morning.

Ah-ha!

Well then in that case I revise my guess to Dreadstar's list but with Predator or PtL instead of Marksmanship.

I like how we are dedicating an entire page of this thread to just speculating on one list. :D Did he post it on the Nova Squadron Facebook page or something?

Edited by MajorJuggler