Confusion: Why do people think they lose their stance pieces between careers?

By Emirikol, in WFRP Rules Questions

I've heard this 3-4 times now. Why do people think they lose their stance pieces (purchased with x.p.) between careers?

Have any of the rest of you seen players with this confusion?

jh

The confusion might arise from that the base stance can change between careers. I think it's worded kind of awkwardly in the core rule book, so that might be the reason people get confused.

My players have understood this, but some of my players have expressed that they think it's kind of wierd that you "change personality" when changing career (especially if you go from a RRRC to a CCCR, or the other way around).

the stance is once set by the starting career and then modified by purchases.

dunno what to be confused about :D

the stance is once set by the starting career and then modified by purchases.

dunno what to be confused about :D

That doesn't sound right. From the Players Guide: Managing a New Career:

"The player

assembles a new stance meter for his character, based on the default

stance of the character’s new career, plus any additional, permanent

stance pieces the character acquired by spending advances. This

may also change his dominant stance."

@Ralzar

REALLY???

I missed that one myself. I always thought your base stance was dictated by your first career, not any secondary ones as well. Buying stance "pieces" was to modify that one, not your new one.

Well hell, I just learned something new!!

I gotta say, it's not the rules I have any issue with, it's FINDING them :P

I've not had confusion about this and have pointed out that "you really like being Reckless but plan to shift to more conservantive career, better buy some Reckless stance".

Really what you bought is your inherent self, the rest is what you are being encouraged to by your current career.

It makes buying stance make even more sense, even if you don't want to go deep-deep into it.

must have overread this part, nice find ralzar!