Shatter Spell with Concealed Pouch and Bag of Holding

By Gonad the Ballbarian, in Talisman Rules Questions

Can I

a) shatter the item in the concealed pouch?

b) shatter the concealed pouch?

c) shatter the bag of holding?

d) any item inside the bag of holding

I believe the card reads if you lose the bag of holding, all items in it are lost as well. If so, then no reason to shatter 1 item in the bag, just shatter the bag.

Gonad the Ballbarian said:

Can I

a) shatter the item in the concealed pouch?

b) shatter the concealed pouch?

c) shatter the bag of holding?

d) any item inside the bag of holding

I believe the card reads if you lose the bag of holding, all items in it are lost as well. If so, then no reason to shatter 1 item in the bag, just shatter the bag.

Answer A and B: i think you may do that. As long as it is not stealing, you can cast those spells on it.

The pouch don't mention that if you lost the pouch, you lost the object, so i think you must hold it with something else or ditch that object.

Answer C. Yes, you may shatter the bag of holding. If you do that, all items in the bag are discarded together with the bag.

answer D. You may do that, but as you said, you can better cast shatter on the bag

I do not think you can. The wording in the Shatter spell says objects - not magic objects.

Mr. Brogger said:

I do not think you can. The wording in the Shatter spell says objects - not magic objects.

Magic Objects are Objects. Or you saying the Thief can only take regular stuff, not Magic Objects?

Gues you r right. I was thinking the difference between weapon and magic weapon couse this is spicified in the cards. But I can now see that is not when it comes to objects.

It's even mentioned in the rulebook (at work, so can't check the page number for you).

Yes, it is on page 12 - sorry for the confusing preocupado.gif