the BEANS! They're everywhere!

By TylerTT, in Battlelore

Because somebody spilled them! Ok well not really but if you want to hear R Borg talk about when they playtested and developed battlelore and possibly have a few insights as to what may be coming out then listen to this podcast

http://www.pulpgamer.com/insidetrack/134183/pgit-061-richard-borg/

Highlights include

Something about a green dragon (Dragons DRAGONS DRAAAGOOONS!!!!!!!11eleven)

More fantasy races were developed and tested

I think you will find that Richard's playtest group is about 2 years ahead of the curve on BattleLore. Most problems weren't because Richard didn't have enough designed, it wass the bottleneck at DOW. That is why I am hopeful that once FFG can get this in their queue, they can start cranking out the expansions and do this game right.

You bet. We could use some more expansions.

Mr. Borg hints at possible elves, green dragon, and more fantasy races in the future. It really sounds like there are a lot of great things coming up for the Battlelore system.

Maus

well... wait and see (again)...

My worry is, but next May, my Battlelore buddy is leaving the state for good... so I don't know if I will ever find a good match again to play the coming expansions...

Well we do know that FFG will put out expansions aplenty for a game if its popular enough (Arkham and Descent for instance), so if we sit back patiently they will release expansions for Battlelore.

So lets all go and get people hooked on it so it will be poupualar.

tom-le-termite said:

My worry is, but next May, my Battlelore buddy is leaving the state for good... so I don't know if I will ever find a good match again to play the coming expansions...

That's odd, I thought Toddrew would've invited you to play on vassal by now...

I am not a vassal player. Moreover, i play house rules for my BL set with my partner, so I guess I don't want to play with officials any longer...

Actually, the point is, every thurday night i have my game session with my buddy, so it is not something you can replace easily, especially when he's been your only opponent for the last year and a half...

Germ said:

tom-le-termite said:

That's odd, I thought Toddrew would've invited you to play on vassal by now...

Todd better be on the playtest version of the next update so he can get any changes to me!!!

Which is where I am headeed since my Memoir opponent fell trhough tonite and the FFG site is taking too long to load.

"He talks a good game, but where's the substance?" sonrojado.gif

I am dedicating this weekend to playing some BL on the latest module - I'm sure I can rope Cavie into a couple of games, and perhaps some others (apparently not Tom though gui%C3%B1o.gif ). Anyone who's interested can certainly feel free to pm or email me.

Well sadly both Todd and I live in a different state than where Richard play tests. And yes I do know the state but I won't reveal it. That way if

Richard does need more play testers (doubtful), he can reveal it in due time. But yeah, sure would be nice to be a fly on the wall during those

play test sessions to see what might happen later on.

Cab

Richard has made it clear in the past they play in Florida. Not sure the exact town off the top of my head but it is near Orlando. He has often extended an invite if you happen to be in the area on a Satrurday afternoon.

The only catch is you have to keep quiet about what you see! This is more because of the agreements he has with the individual companies than with anything else.

Well I wouldn't mind playtesting with richard, but he is on the opposite part of the state... so it won't be possible (not that he would have a termite at his table anyway...) lengua.gif

toddrew said:

I am dedicating this weekend to playing some BL on the latest module - I'm sure I can rope Cavie into a couple of games, and perhaps some others (apparently not Tom though gui%C3%B1o.gif ). Anyone who's interested can certainly feel free to pm or email me.

There's a new module for Battlelore? I only see the one from 2007 and the japanese card version one...

Germ said:

toddrew said:

There's a new module for Battlelore? I only see the one from 2007 and the japanese card version one...

It well be up as soon as we go through all the scenarios and make sure eveything is good to go.

good news that the new module is close (ish). Can you give us a guide as to when you think that might be ? (Brian or Tod..dont mind who answers gui%C3%B1o.gif )

Indygnome said:

good news that the new module is close (ish). Can you give us a guide as to when you think that might be ? (Brian or Tod..dont mind who answers gui%C3%B1o.gif )

Here's the situation. The module has been designed by Sultan. All the feartures work and allteh scenarios are done. We just need to go through them and make sure everything is correct - right units, right terrain, try to catch spealling errors in the notes section, etc. Unfortunately, this seems to take longer than creating the modules. I am up to #16 of 50+ scenarios. Todd and caboose are supposed to be another set of eyes in case I overlook them.

Once we are done, we give it back to Sultan who will then put it all back together - the mod, the new reference cards from Troll, the final scnearios, and anything else that came up - and will then publish it. What he has going on will determine how long that takes. For my part, I would like to be done in another week or two. So maybe by the end of the year?

ColtsFan76 said:

Indygnome said:

Here's the situation. The module has been designed by Sultan. All the feartures work and allteh scenarios are done. We just need to go through them and make sure everything is correct - right units, right terrain, try to catch spealling errors in the notes section, etc. Unfortunately, this seems to take longer than creating the modules. I am up to #16 of 50+ scenarios. Todd and caboose are supposed to be another set of eyes in case I overlook them.

Once we are done, we give it back to Sultan who will then put it all back together - the mod, the new reference cards from Troll, the final scnearios, and anything else that came up - and will then publish it. What he has going on will determine how long that takes. For my part, I would like to be done in another week or two. So maybe by the end of the year?

And of course, we do have lifes - and they have a funny way of getting in the way of things like this. But when it is released, I think you folks will be mightily pleased with the end result.

Cab