Weapon-Tech & Luminen Attacks

By Ferrell, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Would Luminen attacks be able use benefit from Weapon Tech? I'm playing a house-ruled Warp-Smith, and it makes sense to me that he would know how to turn the dial to 11 on an burst of energy emanating from one his cybernetics.

LUMINEN SHOCK
Tier: 2
Prerequisites: Luminen Capacitors, Mechanicus Implants
The energies charged in the Heretic’s Luminen Capacitors can be expelled as he grapples with an opponent. By making a successful melee attack (without penalties for being unarmed) or instead of doing Damage during a grapple, the Heretic may deal 1d10 plus his Willpower Bonus in Energy Damage with Pen 2 and the Shocking Quality.

LUMINEN BLAST
Tier: 3
Prerequisites: Luminen Shock, Luminen Capacitors, Mechanicus Implants
The energies charged in the Heretic’s Luminen Capacitors can be expelled in a ranged attack with a Ballistic Skill Test directing this energy against a single target within 10 metres inflicting 1d10 plus twice the character’s Willpower Bonus in Energy Damage with Pen 2 and the Shocking and Blast (X) Quality. X equals any value between 1 and the Heretic’s Intelligence Bonus, chosen by the Heretic at the time of firing. The attack uses a Half Action to accomplish (counting as a Single Attack Action) and the character must pass a Toughness Test when he uses this ability or gain a level of Fatigue.
WEAPON -TECH
Tier: 1
Prerequisite: Tech Use +10, Intelligence 40
The character has developed an extensive understanding of advanced technological weapons and their functions, opening them up and learning what makes them tick, hum or click. Once per combat, the character can enhance his weapon increasing it firepower and deadliness. For one Round per combat Encounter, a weapon personally wielded by the character from the Melta, Plasma, Power, or Exotic category increases its Damage and Penetration by an amount equal to his Intelligence Bonus.

Luminen Shock and Blast are not Melta-, Plasma-, Power- or Exotic-category weapons, so no, they do not benefit from Weapon-Tech, by RAW.

That being said, as a GM, I would definitely allow it, but conversely, I would also not allow it on all Exotic weapons just because they're Exotic. They have to have some kind of energy-based, high-tech component.

Edited by Fgdsfg

Yeah, like technically you can use Weapon-Tech on Kursian Pit Weapons, because they're exotic.

I don't think that was intended. OTOH, materials science, statics, and kinetics all play into fracture points and material stress.

Well Weapon tech is for technically advanced weapons. Also which is advanced and in which level is another question. Is las or bolt not advanced compared to feudal world arms?

Or flamers with highly processed promethium, specially designed corrosive toxins etc.?