Need an opinion or twelve.

By Alfax, in Wiz-War

So I have the original version of Wiz War however the box had gotten damaged years ago and after several moves from apartment to apartment over the last 20 years I have found myself missing some of the cards now and am trying to decide if I want to replace the game with the new version or if I want to spend this months allotted crack money on new games rather than a replacement.

So, how does this compare to the original and if you had the option to buy this or something else, what would you do?

Keep in mind it's not a question of if I get this so much as when I get this.

1) So, how does this compare to the original and if you had the option to buy this or something else, what would you do?

2) Keep in mind it's not a question of if I get this so much as when I get this.

1) Rusty posted a great tongue in cheek review of the FFG edition from the perspective of a grumpy old change resistent codger that you might appreciate.

2) As rusty noted in his review, not owning Wiz-war is not a serious option. Or any option at all in my opinion. Better sooner than later.

That was very helpful. Thanks for linking that.

So, went ahead and picked this up on Thursday. It was as much fun as I remember and the wife and I played several games Thursday night. Friday afternoon I said the magic words ... "The fifth wizard in the expansion is purple" ... and the wife sent me immediately to pick up Malefic Curses. I really like the idea of magic types.

Glad to hear it lived up to your expectations based on your experience from previous editions.

Your wife is the perfect woman :)

Mine is laughing and saying "Again!?!?" when I come home with a new game, but then ask me to play Quarriors... :P

How is Quarriors? We've seen that and wondered but haven't seen much about it

It's a really cool dice fest!

Basically you start the game with basic dice in your bag. Each turn the player draws 6 dice and roll them and apply the effects they give. It can be Quiddity (currency), a Monster or a Spell, depending on the die type. You then can buy a die (or more depending on the cards or variants you use). After that you ready your monsters and spells by paying for them. Then you attack your opponent which can defend. Rinse and repeat.

Really great game even though my description make it sound like a dumb and boring dice fest lol.

Well Worth it!

Personnaly, I play 3 times Quarriors, and it's one of the worst game I ever play to my experience

Full random, full rolling dices, and just have to see how it goes.

You can play on the same time anything else, since you're brain is useless