First War Pack confirmed

By Ex Nihilo, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Chaos preview will be up tomorrow.

RAGNAR!!!!

They've given a nice teaser for the new warlords, but an Inquisitor coupled with monthly releases for seven different factions means it'll be at least a year before we see Knight Commander Pask leading an armored company. I am disappoint.

Are you sure? I´ve lost my hope. One more week of waiting.

Are you sure? I´ve lost my hope. One more week of waiting.

Patience it's out now.

:D

"Each War Pack contains sixty cards, offering a full playset of each unit, attachment, event, and support card within."

Does anyone think that this means that outside of command squads (who already have four copies of a unit) we are going to be able to use a maximum of three copies of a card when deckbuilding? Or am I reading too much into this sentence?

That's exactly what it means. 17x3 copies for 51 cards.

we still do not know if the warlord squad is unique cards or if they can be used with out the warlord. If you can then there should be 3 of each card. If not then some cards may even be in singles.

I am hoping that it is like that.. as in that the cards can not be used outside of the squad.

I am just so sick of waiting.. post the frickn rules and release the core set already!!

Edited by booored

I think the core squad cards are usable by the warlords only. For one there are more than the 3 copies of some of the starting squad cards them and some less than 3. Also, the numbers of unique cards in each pack is slightly out of line with the normal "3 x 20 cards" model you get if there is just 3 of each. The first pack has 1-22 of the first cycle. 1 of those has to be the Warlord, which leaves 21 unique cards in the remaining 59, which doesn't divide by 3. As Togtamish said, as the warlord and his squad will total 9 cards, so it will be 3 x 17 of the others. This suggests there are 5 unique cards in the starting squad including the warlord.

i agree

What I meant was, do people think that 3 copies of a card (outside of the Warlord's retinue) will be the limit? I haven't played any of FFG's other LCGs, what is the maximum in those?

3 cards per "unique name" is the standard for all the other lcgs

What I meant was, do people think that 3 copies of a card (outside of the Warlord's retinue) will be the limit? I haven't played any of FFG's other LCGs, what is the maximum in those?

Yes as you get a playset in the Warpacks. That is the benefit of a LCG.

The other LCGs also have 3 card maximum except for SW which is unique with it's deckbuilding rules.

for f**cks sake Toq.. can you pick a avatar and keep it... I can never tell who you are when you post!

3 cards per "unique name" is the standard for all the other lcgs

Yes as you get a playset in the Warpacks. That is the benefit of a LCG.

The other LCGs also have 3 card maximum except for SW which is unique with it's deckbuilding rules.

That's great! Thanks guys.

You're welcome.