exotic weapon training

By Hroost, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi again

RB says that if character doesn't have exotic weapon trining (in particular one) he gets -20 to ws/bs tests. OK. But take doom siren - exotic weapon isn't it? and that badass has spray trait which states that it DOESN'T need to take BS test to hit. How it combines with the exotic weapon rule? Means that without that talent u can not use it whatsoever?

please explain it to me sir.

greets

Like every weapon which does not roll to hit, it gives opponents a +20 bonus to Evasion test if the attacker does not have the Weapon Training Talent to use it.

Just to build on Chaplain's answer: See the box in top right corner on P148, last sentence.

Just to build on Chaplain's answer: See the box in top right corner on P148, last sentence.

all cleared.

thx guys!

not to mention things like reloading and unjamming.

I don't think the +20 is applied to evasion tests, but rather to the agility test to avoid the attack (the one that replaces the to hit roll).

I don't think the +20 is applied to evasion tests, but rather to the agility test to avoid the attack (the one that replaces the to hit roll).

Apologies if I'm being picky but it just says "bonus to tests by his targets to avoid the attack", doesn't say it has to be agility tests.

Theoretically RAW it means you could use it on a parry WS check (if somehow there is a circumstance where a non roll to hit attack can be parried, probably is one somewhere!) or a Perception test for something like Precognitive Dodge (P227, Core)

Edited by Calgor Grim

The wording seems to imply that the +20 Bonus is applied to both the Agility test to avoid being hit, and the (probable) attempt to Dodge. It merely says "to tests by his targets to avoid the attack".

This isn't just the initial attempt, but also any Evasion tests that follow as a result of that single attack.

So from that perspective, it's actually a way worse penalty than non-Spray weapons suffer.

Edited by Fgdsfg

well if you're going to use an untrained spray make sure its in a tightly packed hallway and you don't have to worry about that.