Stark Draw Help

By Vinter, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

Ive been having issues finding good draw mechanics for my Stark deck. We play legacy so any set is good, but i dont have a massive cardpool, and the older ones like dreadfort seem really hard to get ahold of, so any tips would be very welcome.

Well, if you can run anything at all... then I suppose most of the usual suspects are all good choices.

• Watching the Heavens (C, ITE)
  • Massing at Twilight (C, ASoT)
  • Student of Coin (C, Winter)
  • King's Landing (P10, Promo)

The original King's Landing promo might be harder to track down, but its a great card for draw in a totally open environment with lots of 0 cost locations to trigger it.

Those are all neutral draw choices, as I'm not overly familiar with any older card draw specific to House Stark. But they should be just as effective for you.

I would really try to get a hold of 3x To be a Wolf, not only are they useful for standing characters you can search for bascically any card you need in your deck. Also if you opponent does not name events you can keep pulling more To be a Wolfs and stand more stark characters.

RJM said:

Well, if you can run anything at all... then I suppose most of the usual suspects are all good choices.

• Watching the Heavens (C, ITE)
  • Massing at Twilight (C, ASoT)
  • Student of Coin (C, Winter)
  • King's Landing (P10, Promo)

The original King's Landing promo might be harder to track down, but its a great card for draw in a totally open environment with lots of 0 cost locations to trigger it.

Those are all neutral draw choices, as I'm not overly familiar with any older card draw specific to House Stark. But they should be just as effective for you.

Yeah, those are all good ones, though I really have no idea how you would go about getting a King's Landing, and Student of the coin is pretty boring and can be a bit fragile (2 gold for a 0-cost, no-icon character if I remember correctly). Just one question, if you are playing legacy, does that mean you are playing only one of each card. If so, you'll definitely need several of the above and/or the following:

• Guard at Riverrun (These are really handy in Stark decks because you probably won't be losing a lot of military. They aren't that old, so you should be able to find someone with a few extra. They were printed in the ITE legacy pack though, so people tend to have no more than a playset and may be reluctant to part with them.)
  • Wildling Messenger (These should be pretty easy to get ahold of and are pretty strong, especially in Stark, which frequently lacks intrigue icons. If you have any trouble finding these for trade/sale, send me an email and I can send you a couple by mail.)
  • Market Street (Great neutral draw if you have high initiative plots.)
  • Samwell Tarly [song of Twilight version] (This guy is incredible and should fix any draw problem you have while he's on the table. When he was in standard-tournament legal, most decks played 1-2 copies of this guy. I suspect that he might be tough to get ahold of even though he is no longer legal for standard tournaments because he was such a choice rare back in the day.)

Hm, thanks guys ill take a look at those. I also found a few other ideas for getting cards out using pull effects that put a card on top of my library, comboing that with winterfell kennels.