Event Horizon

By hprwhg, in Talisman Rules Questions

When you have to draw two or more cards and the first card kills or teleports your character. What happens with the event card that follows? Usually the rest of the cards are not dealt with and sit on their space until the next person lands on it. So does that mean the event is put on the space and wont happen until landed on or does it happen regardless of what happens to your character. For that matter, If you lose a turn,die or get teleported on the first card do you get the other cards?

Example1 : I land on Hidden Valley and draw the Imp, Storm, Runesword. The imp will send me away first. Does the Storm still happen and I get the Runesword? or does the Storm and Runesword stay on the board for the next person to get?

Example 2 : I land on the Runes space and get the Marsh and Bag of Gold. I lose my turn first. Do I get the bag of gold or not? And if I dont does that constitute as losing the rest of my turn and I go again my next turn or do I still miss next turn.

Example 3 : I pull the Angel, Devil, and Siren. I am an Evil character. So do I die and nothing else happens or do I continue and get healed by the Devil and then lose my next turn form the siren. Or does the Devil and SIren stay on space for next person?

hprwhg said:

When you have to draw two or more cards and the first card kills or teleports your character. What happens with the event card that follows? Usually the rest of the cards are not dealt with and sit on their space until the next person lands on it. So does that mean the event is put on the space and wont happen until landed on or does it happen regardless of what happens to your character. For that matter, If you lose a turn,die or get teleported on the first card do you get the other cards?

Example1 : I land on Hidden Valley and draw the Imp, Storm, Runesword. The imp will send me away first. Does the Storm still happen and I get the Runesword? or does the Storm and Runesword stay on the board for the next person to get?

Example 2 : I land on the Runes space and get the Marsh and Bag of Gold. I lose my turn first. Do I get the bag of gold or not? And if I dont does that constitute as losing the rest of my turn and I go again my next turn or do I still miss next turn.

Example 3 : I pull the Angel, Devil, and Siren. I am an Evil character. So do I die and nothing else happens or do I continue and get healed by the Devil and then lose my next turn form the siren. Or does the Devil and SIren stay on space for next person?

A1: Storm and Runesword stay on the board.

A2: You encounter the Bag of Gold first (card number 5) and then the Marsh (card number 6).

A3: You must encounter the Angel first (lose 1 life), then the Devil (gain 1 life), and finally the Siren (miss your next turn, as there are no more cards to encounter).

Ell.

So if you are teleported the cards remain and you dont get them, but if you die or miss the turn you still get the other cards? is this correct?

Sorry, hit publish and wasnt finished! If I die to a dragon let's say would I still get whatever object he was protecting?

If you die your turn ends immediately.

hprwhg said:

So if you are teleported the cards remain and you dont get them, but if you die or miss the turn you still get the other cards? is this correct?

Yes, the cards remain and you don't activate them because you are teleported to a other space.

If you must miss a turn and they are other cards to be encountered on that space, your turn ends and you can move on your next turn.

If there are no other cards to be encountered and you must miss a turn, then you must miss your next turn.

talismanamsilat said:

A3: You must encounter the Angel first (lose 1 life), then the Devil (gain 1 life), and finally the Siren (miss your next turn, as there are no more cards to encounter).

Ell.

If I am suppose to end my turn immeditely when I die. As you and the movement chart states. Then why would I continue on with the Devil and Siren?

All this small bit of confusion happened when we started palying with a new person and he got the first example cards of Imp,Storm, Runesword. None of the rest of us had ever dealt with an event card after being teleported or turn loss or death. That can be remebered that is. Can't recall much from first and second edition and that game is gone. Never played third, and at that time Talisman was a great game that we couldnt find anymore and was left for dead. Hooray for the come back

Adding to this confusion is the Desert Space which has been updated to geting a card after you die. Which goes against immediately ending the turn. Wouldn't it be better to have the Board say "Draw 1 Card, Lose 1 Life or maybe it does. We are playing on BI Board and have penned in the small changes

Is there a difference in dying to an Enemy and dying to an Event, Stranger, Place, and Space?

hprwhg said:

If I am suppose to end my turn immeditely when I die. As you and the movement chart states. Then why would I continue on with the Devil and Siren?

All this small bit of confusion happened when we started palying with a new person and he got the first example cards of Imp,Storm, Runesword. None of the rest of us had ever dealt with an event card after being teleported or turn loss or death. That can be remebered that is. Can't recall much from first and second edition and that game is gone. Never played third, and at that time Talisman was a great game that we couldnt find anymore and was left for dead. Hooray for the come back

Adding to this confusion is the Desert Space which has been updated to geting a card after you die. Which goes against immediately ending the turn. Wouldn't it be better to have the Board say "Draw 1 Card, Lose 1 Life or maybe it does. We are playing on BI Board and have penned in the small changes

Is there a difference in dying to an Enemy and dying to an Event, Stranger, Place, and Space?

Let's get the basics out of the way first, shall we. When you say die, to me that means losing your last life, in which case you start over with a NEW CHAR. Old one is f***ing dead, s/he doesn't do anything anymore. So I'm guessing when you say die, you mean "lose 1 life"?

Turn ends if you lose a battle/psychic combat, which causes you to lose 1 Life, not die, OR you get a stalemate (draw in battle/pc). In both cases, if you had cards with a later number, those are ignored for that char.

Desert causing you to lose a Life (or general non-combat life losses) doesn't end your turn.

Yes, I did mean to "Lose 1 Life". Sorry for the confusion. Thank You Talismanamsilat and Dam in your help clarifing.

We didn't realize that if you had a stalemate that you didn't get the following cards. We thought it was only after losing 1 life, turn, or teleport. Well, two of us anyways. The other is going to give an "I told you so" dance.