Concussive

By Spehktre, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Black Crusade pg148.

Says "Some weapons create a deafening blast or shock wave when they hit. When target is struck by a Concussive weapon, must take a Toughness Test with a penalty equal to 10 times

the number in parenthesis (X). For example a weapon with Concussive (2) would impose a –20 on Toughness Tests, and Concussive (0) would be a Test with no penalty. If he fails, target is stunned for 1 round per Degree of Failure. Additionally, if the target takes Damage greater than his Strength Bonus, the target is knocked Prone."
My question is on that final line. Is that Additionally, as in, when the opponent fails the toughness test. Or, is it additionally, as in, a separate mechanic to the stun effect?
tl;dr: Stun and Knockdown on concussive rule. One or two individual effects?

Black Crusade pg148.

Says "Some weapons create a deafening blast or shock wave when they hit. When target is struck by a Concussive weapon, must take a Toughness Test with a penalty equal to 10 times

the number in parenthesis (X). For example a weapon with Concussive (2) would impose a –20 on Toughness Tests, and Concussive (0) would be a Test with no penalty. If he fails, target is stunned for 1 round per Degree of Failure. Additionally, if the target takes Damage greater than his Strength Bonus, the target is knocked Prone."
My question is on that final line. Is that Additionally, as in, when the opponent fails the toughness test. Or, is it additionally, as in, a separate mechanic to the stun effect?
tl;dr: Stun and Knockdown on concussive rule. One or two individual effects?

Stun happens when you hit and target fails Toughness test. You don't have to make damage for this effect to happen

Knockdown happens when you get enough Damage through, that is greater than his/her Strength Bonus, to wound opponent. They don't have to fail on their Toughness test to be Knockdown.

This is my interpretation.

What Routa-maa said. That's how we've always played it.

Cheers,

- V.

I agree with the above -two distinct effects. Though i will admit that last bit is a bit laughable as concussion weapons tend to be so high damage that hitting under a targets SB should net you an achievement.