New Challenge only for the brave!

By pittplayer, in Fan Creations

This week's challenge is to make a new herald that goes along with a specific GOO. It must fit with the theme of the goo and amp the powers of the goo. Good luck!

Well I made this to go along with Yibb-Tstll:

lltstbbiyfrontside.jpg

note: the "nowhere to hide" ability should replace the "all seeing" ability of yibb-tstll if he's the ancient one (but only the part on evade checks)

yikes!! that is an excellent herald that perfectly fits its goo!!! u best gather all the clue tokens or u are SCREWED!

This is a Cthulhu-only herald I made recently. It was a lot of fun and made Cthulhu's presence clearly felt.

1412nvk.jpg

nice cthulhu herald!!! it dosent seem to have much impact on the game though, just really making the final battle tougher

This is a herald that requires Shudde-M'ell. And guns. Lots of guns. You will certainly need a lot of guns.

3503657591_ddde14ca61_b.jpg

If anyone can't see the whole image, see it here: www.flickr.com/photos/30396818@N08/3503657591/sizes/l/

(oops, just realized Shudde M'ell's own ability is already called 'world-cracking'. Will change this herald later).

I once made the following. It's not specifically for Abhoth, but fits him quite well (click the picture to see it in full):

The-Swarm-Front-Side.jpg

Ha! Can you believe I still have the Swarm printed from when i found it on the old forums? thats a great herald btw, for Abboth like you said. On a side note, I have several other Heralds (that I didnt make) but that i found which each reflect specific ancient ones that I liked, I will post them later on and try to run a search for the people who originaly made them.

wow this thread seems a lot more popular then my last challenge!! I will be posting a herald soon. Prepare!! lol

glaaki herald (dont know what to call it?): at the begining(spelling?) of the game make a undead cup with zombies, ghouls, and wraiths in it. Undead monsters are endless.

OVERRUN!!!

If there is a monster surge draw them from the undead cup.

WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT

If you fail a combat check versus a undead monster move your investigator to the invisited isle and either remove one ally you control from the game or put one one doom token on the doom track.

NO SAFE PLACE

Undead monsters have fast movement.

If you like my herald can someone please aeon it into a printable herald?

pittplayer said:

nice cthulhu herald!!! it dosent seem to have much impact on the game though, just really making the final battle tougher

You won't think so if you use it. Having all gates at -3 is more of a pain than you think, and cultists running circles in the streets definitely has an impact on the game. Granted, it's not a very difficult herald and wasn't meant to be. It was designed mostly to add theme related to Cthulhu. (Although you really don't want to go to the final battle.)

Anyway let me know if you ever try it, because afterward if you still feel that it doesn't impact the game I'd like to know what you mean.

add to my glaaki herald:

RAIN OF MAGGOTS

If an investigator ends his movement in the street he has to make a will -1 check or lose 1 sanity.

wow that is some hard gate closing on your cthulhu herald. i will try it and let you know what i think

edit:

NO SAFE PLACE

undead monsters are endless and fast

Sothis said:

pittplayer said:

You won't think so if you use it. Having all gates at -3 is more of a pain than you think, and cultists running circles in the streets definitely has an impact on the game. Granted, it's not a very difficult herald and wasn't meant to be. It was designed mostly to add theme related to Cthulhu. (Although you really don't want to go to the final battle.)

Anyway let me know if you ever try it, because afterward if you still feel that it doesn't impact the game I'd like to know what you mean.

Oh, one more modification. Have it make cultists aquatic. Trust me :') this change will be appreciated come Innsmouth.

uh how do you guys/gals make the heralds fit into the screen? preocupado.gif

MrsGamura said:

uh how do you guys/gals make the heralds fit into the screen? preocupado.gif

96DPI

Avi_dreader said:

Oh, one more modification. Have it make cultists aquatic. Trust me :') this change will be appreciated come Innsmouth.

Ahhh... very good idea! I think I'll wait to see Innsmouth, but man that is probably going to be a brutal difference! And since it would be okay thematically (since Cthulhu is essentially a sea monster) I can live with it. Very nice catch since Innsmouth isn't even out yet!

Sothis said:

Avi_dreader said:

Ahhh... very good idea! I think I'll wait to see Innsmouth, but man that is probably going to be a brutal difference! And since it would be okay thematically (since Cthulhu is essentially a sea monster) I can live with it. Very nice catch since Innsmouth isn't even out yet!

I know ;') preempt the probability.

no one want to make my glaaki herald so it can be printed? :(

pittplayer said:

Why don't you download Strange Eons and make it yourself?

cause i have a crappy linux comp that willlllllll not download it. I hate it i would have so much fun with Strange Aeons !!! Arghhhhhh. I feel like i am left out of the party!!

pittplayer said:

Personally I'm not a fan of separate monster cup heralds (for one thing I don't like the set up). However, in addition to that, the way your herald is set up, you're pretty much only going to see zombies, mummy, wraiths, ghosts, cultists, and the vampire all game. It'll get really boring really fast. You should do what was done with the Black Goat of the Woods herald— only have half the monsters drawn from monster surges (rounded down) be from the special monster cup. If you really only want to see particular monsters, don't bother with separate cups, just make a monster list and say those are the only monsters in the cup. I.e. undead, cultists, and whatever else you think would be appropriate for a glaaki themed game.

rain on my parade!! lol i see your points i just think i did a good job making undead monsters more of a threat and also balancing the zombie to regular monster ratio!! plus turning monster surges into zombie surges seems fun to me. maybe he is not the herald for you but i am sticking with him!! lol

anyone ever think of making a H.P. Lovecraft herald? i think its a cool idea!