Is there a group in DC area?

By Low Thunder, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Hi,

New to the game and looking for people to play AGoT board game in the DC, MD, Northern VA area. Are there any groups here already? If not anyone interested?

Thanks

Just post on here or email [email protected]

Chip

why yes, there are indeed people who play in the DC area. twn2dn and I form the core of the group -- we play no less than once every two weeks -- and are joined randomly by three others. we all live in alexandria, and play either near old town or on the GWU campus downtown. our play is focused on figuring out what's good for competitive play in the LCG environment for both joust and melee (two of us are preparing for gencon), though i have a "standard" deck put together that i greatly enjoy playing, and dan has a classic (highlander?) deck he's testing as well. we might play again sometime between this weekend and the next, maybe on a weeknight, kinda depends on my school/finals schedule.

email me at [email protected] , and i'll give you my real email address and phone #. put "AGOT" in the subject line so i can dig it out of all the spam. did you just move to the area? how long have you been playing AGOT for?

oops, for some reason i didn't see your email address the first time i read your message -- i'll email you.

Welcome! I responded via email but I just thought I would post here as well. Just double checking, you're interested in AGoT the Living Card Game (LCG), not the old board game, right? If you're looking for a board-game playgroup, you may want to check out the AGOT board game forums or Meetup.com. Of course, you're certainly welcome to come to one of our gamedays even if you have no experience with the card game. The game is easy to learn, but complex in terms of strategy so that it remains engaging even after you've played for years.

Hope to see you at one of our evening games!