Rookie Netrunner first Anarch deck

By James Pursaill, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Hi chummers,

I've just been playing with the core set so far, and really been enjoying the pace and pressure you can apply when running with Anarchs.

I've been having a look at the Anarch cards out so far, and this is the 'dream' deck I'm looking to build.

The basic idea is it forces the corp to defend their HQ, R&D and Archives heavily, which means the agendas they are trying to advance on remote servers will be relatively undefended.

I'm worried it might be a little too vulnerable to virus purging, even with surge x3 and the fact that a noise/grimoire/deja vu deck should be built around plenty virus cards. Although Crypsis doesn't really get taken out of action with a purge and I've still got my Knights and blackmails to bypass ice.

I'm also concerned that in splitting my eggs between virus cards and inviting the corp to tag me, I'm coming up short in both departments?

What do y'all think?

Program (16)
  • 2x Medium
  • 3x Parasite
  • 2x Nerve Agent
  • 2x Darwin
  • 3x Knight
  • 2x Scheherazade
  • 2x Crypsis
Event (16)
  • 2x Déjà Vu
  • 2x Stimhack
  • 3x Surge
  • 2x Retrieval Run
  • 2x Forged Activation Orders
  • 3x Sure Gamble
  • 2x Blackmail
Resource (12)
  • 2x Wyldside
  • 2x Data Leak Reversal
  • 2x Activist Support
  • 3x Armitage Codebusting
  • 2x Public Sympathy
  • 1x Aesop's Pawnshop
Hardware (3)
  • 1x Grimoire
  • 2x Plascrete Carapace

And stat breakdown, if anyone is interested:

16 34% 0 0% 0 0% 0 0% 7 44% 11 69% 3 6% 12 26% 16 34%

It's certainly a different build than I use. I prefer to run a full set of Icebreakers and I'm suprised that you haven't taken any Djinn as tutoring is never a bad thing in my book. I'd also advise looking to take more credit generating cards. My current Noise deck looks like this....

Programs -

x3 Datasucker

x3 Gorman Drip v1

x2 Corroder

x3 Djinn

x3 Imp

x3 Parasite

x2 Mimic

x3 Medium

x2 Yog.0

Events -

x2 Special Order