6 players setup

By Koma76, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

hey :) that's awesome, yeah what we do with my group is play it out like a regular game with 6 people, we add two additional highlight cards to each round and play it out, we haven't ran out of any resources yet, except the contract tokens of course but those are planned to be ran out hints why after they are gone your supposed to treat em as + 2 fans. but yeah the only stipulation is that you have to make two additional score boards or write down the fans for two of the teams. however I plan on playing it with your set up simply cause I like the style and sometimes we have time to draw it out for a better and more complete game, but for anyone or group who doesn't have at the time or feel like having to buy two complete sets of the game, my group has played a few full games of just six people and it checks out, there was more than enough of every upgrade and the only time it gets like scarcely low lol is when three choose the same union lol I mean we had like five star players left one game we were all like omg what do we do if we run out lol but the cheating tokens never ran out, nor the office upgrades.

ok well thanks for sharing your six player set up and I hope you've enjoyed reading about mine :)

Yeah, we tried a very similar configuration with 6 players spread across two groups. The teams would rotate then every round so the groups would be different every time.

We did not like it. It was messy if not chaotic to handle, in terms of player seating and reach to the game components. Material-wise, I reckon there was plenty enough to support 6 or even more players. We never ran out of anything. Especially now that we have a fourt division with Foul Play, people should have access to upgrades and star players.

I would play this game with 5 players max imho. 4 is best, 5 is okay, 6 felt like it was too much.

I agree - on a related note, I once ran an 8-player session, and everyone had a headache after that. And yes, we had trouble reaching for the tokens and components, and even deciding where to send our players to.

Edited by yihyang

8 players in two groups is probably better than 6 players from a pure game balance perspective. 3 players is not a good number at all for this game, as the risk of only getting one matchup for your team (bar the tournament) is just too high.

Also, we thought that running the game with 6 players in two groups would be the same as running a 3 players game from a duration perspective, the idea being that the games rom both groups were being run in parallel. Turned out we were wrong as it took us 3 hours to end the session. The time it takes to re-seat people and sort out the groups takes a good chuink of that total. Even worse, there is waiting time too as one group is always behind the other one. I thought originally that the last round would feature all the teams together for a big FFA, but I changed my mind in the end as I saw how late it was already.

Edited by Indalecio

8 players in two groups is probably better than 6 players from a pure game balance perspective. 3 players is not a good number at all for this game, as the risk of only getting one matchup for your team (bar the tournament) is just too high.

Also, we thought that running the game with 6 players in two groups would be the same as running a 3 players game from a duration perspective, the idea being that the games rom both groups were being run in parallel. Turned out we were wrong as it took us 3 hours to end the session. The time it takes to re-seat people and sort out the groups takes a good chuink of that total. Even worse, there is waiting time too as one group is always behind the other one. I thought originally that the last round would feature all the teams together for a big FFA, but I changed my mind in the end as I saw how late it was already.

I agree... was just for the fun of the all idea. ;)