LS challenge Deck - Early Luke?

By WookieeRoar, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

when going through possible strategies of playing the LS challenge deck, I was wondering ... Is it a good idea to trigger Luke early or not?

Since you can use The Final Ship or "Boushh" to basically turn any objective face-up, it's possible to flip Return to Tatooine while it's still safely protected by the other objective ... but is it a good idea to bring Luke into play so early on?

I was thinking to use one (or even two) Message from Beyond pods as support decks so I can slap a few Old Ben's Spirirts and a weapons Mastery on Luke and basically take anything the DS might be able to throw at Luke in hit-points (Especially if the Dagobah Refuge is also flipped)

Unfortunately, Luke doesn't do a lot to mill down the DS ... so other than having a near-immortal juggernaught in play, is there any use to have flip Return to Tatooine early in the game?

Edited by WookieeRoar

Honestly, I wouldn't suggest flipping Luke that early on. It could be that your opponent had decided on an entirely different direction, and now they know exactky where to go. Plus, there's his unfortunate lack of milling capabilities, like you said.

With that being said, card games are filled with random situations that might cause this scenario to become a viable one. I would suggest play test it in perhaps every third game and see what you find.

I was thinking to use one (or even two) Message from Beyond

I believe the rules state you have to use two different pods. I always use one Message From Beyond though!

Personally I would use Against All Odds and Message from Beyond. Dash isn't terrible, but Shifty Lookout is good in the format as is Holding All the Cards to help mill faster. Message is obviously good in this format being able to double up Luke's health (but watch out for enhancement hate).