GenCon and Origins

By danoMCchamp, in Mutant Chronicles

I just received confirmation that Gen con accepted my event. It was late, so you may not see it in the catalogs.

Gen Con

NMN0905611 Thursday night 7 PM ($4)

NMN0905612 Wednesday night 7PM (should be free because they were trying to promote more Wednesday gaming)

This will be an open swiss style to get us all together. Format 7/7/7 - bring your army - one map - and dice. Feel free to bring any models you converted to set two and use them in your army.

For Origins, we can do something similar, except it will not be in the catalog of events, and we will have to set up a time and place (somewhere in open gaming) to get together.

Are you in?????

Dan

I will not be attending Origins. However, if things work out (like they should) I will be going to Gen Con. You can bet I will be attending your events!!

I wish I could join you guys in Gen Con!

llorando.gif

i might partake in this...it depends on if i want to meta w/ the second set or not.

Lars said:

i might partake in this...it depends on if i want to meta w/ the second set or not.

You don't have to put figs from the second set in your army. It is only there as an option if people are dying to play them, or show off their conversions.

I understand, but i still have to meta for the possibility that other people will have them in their army and what i would do against the figs and command cards. It would not be any fun to bring my figs with me and sit there while i get stomped by a combo or an army i was not prepared for.

Lars said:

I understand, but i still have to meta for the possibility that other people will have them in their army and what i would do against the figs and command cards. It would not be any fun to bring my figs with me and sit there while i get stomped by a combo or an army i was not prepared for.

Sorry to hear that, I figured this could be a social gathering to play and just mix it up to have some fun. Heck - I get stomped a lot, but I play for fun because I think this is the best build your own army system I have seen of any. IMO. :) Nothing worse than when I see my Karak with his bonus 4 health go down in one shot from some feaky Capitol sniper or Brotherhood Justice type. sorpresa.gif I am anxious to meet some new opponents, and see what everyone else has done for tricks, tactics, and conversions. Also if anyone is interested in bringing their own map system, that'd be cool too. Unfortunately, I am flying in this year and not driving, so I won't be able to pack my heroscape terrain, and I will probably be limited to packing just one or two 7-7-7 armies. sad.gif On another note, if there is a big split between players than want to use set 2 and those who don't - we could separate into two groups of players (that being original set only, and those who have - or don't mind set two), I am keeping this very open and simple..... Hope to see you there!!! translation, please pack at least one 7-7-7 army. happy.gif It would also be cool to see some FFG folks there as well, although I know you guys will be busy with set up and other work functions.

P.S. I have already completed some figure conversions, but this is kind of embarrasing, HOW do I get the pics on this post?

Dan

Sorry i wont be at GenCon... Poland is far far away from it...

;)

Maby in future.

Anyway - i wish You a great fun! And plesae do some photos and some relation about it.

danoMCchamp said:

Lars said:

Sorry to hear that, I figured this could be a social gathering to play and just mix it up to have some fun. Heck - I get stomped a lot, but I play for fun because I think this is the best build your own army system I have seen of any. IMO. :) Nothing worse than when I see my Karak with his bonus 4 health go down in .

If i'm going to lug my figs that far (i am also flying, i just want to make sure i'm prepared. There is playing for fun, and then there is gettign tottally caught unaware. Its not like i'm saying i'm not playing unless its set 1. I'm just syaing i'm not sure if i'm making the commiment to being ready for set 2.

danoMCchamp said:

P.S. I have already completed some figure conversions, but this is kind of embarrasing, HOW do I get the pics on this post?

Dan

you have to have it on a wibesite (like fliker or facebook) and then know the URL and post that in the approiate spot under the Mountain scape (yellow square with a mountain in it) in the post Reply page.

How do we find out where you are playing? I have had my tickets for weeks and I am there for the whole thing. I will be converting figures to bring!

Liss

Inquisitor Liss said:

How do we find out where you are playing? I have had my tickets for weeks and I am there for the whole thing. I will be converting figures to bring!

Liss

Good question.

For GenCon - since it is an event now, look in the on site reg book. Thurs at 7 (NMN 0905611), and Wednesday at 7 (NMN0905612).

As for Origins, we need to decide on a place and a time, I am guessing either in the open gaming area, and look for people with MC stuff happy.gif or in the minis room. I Propose the times to be Wed and Thurs 7 pm for Origins also.