Pirate Princess - did I get it right?

By Amroth, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

I Just recently created a new character using the Pirate Prince of the Ragged Helix template from the Tome of Excess.

Her main idea was that she was born as a twisted mutant barely able to look after herself but was transformed into a living doll by mechanicus assimilation (took 2 selections from equipment choices but worth it for the background). She was kept as a collectible for her beauty until she eventually broke free killing her current owner and taking over his ship.

That's just a quick overview but I just wanted to make sure I got the process right as it can be a bit iffy. First of all she ended up with 20 corruption (15 starting, 4 for her disgrace of greed and 1 for being cold-hearted). I assume this is fine which gives her 2 starting mutations, which I rolled both for on the Rewards of Slaanesh table as she starts aligned to Slaanesh. My first question is is this okay or as a starting character should she only be allowed to roll on the standard Gifts of the Gods table?

Assuming there are no problems with this I did end up rolling daemon weapon twice (one was daemonic name but had enough infamy to slide it up to daemon weapon), which seems a bit of overkill to me, does anyone else think this? The first weapon I converted was the best craftsmanship bolt pistol for which I rolled impossibly sharp and envenomed until I realised a daemonette only has willpower of 28 which means regardless of the binding strength of the ritual they will always have only one power, no more no less, so I stuck with the original roll of 88 (impossibly sharp) from the unaligned table only.

I didn't bother going through all the ritual requirements as the weapon was a gift of Slaanesh not created by the character herself. I think this is correct but I find the daemon weapon rules a bit confusing so please correct me if I am wrong?

The second weapon I created also using a standard bolt pistol but only rolled once on the unaligned table this time, understanding (I think) the rules a little better this time. I rolled 95 this time having the second weapon also being impossible sharp (Looking forward to playing a deadly gun slinging android cowgirl here).

A little more boring than my usual posts as I prefer to concentrate on character and substance more than the mechanical rules but just wanted to make sure I got it right before I unleash Suniesha on the poor, unsuspecting galaxy so if there's anything you think I might have got wrong please let me know.

Cheers!

You start aligned, so you are able to roll for a reward on your god's table if you choose to and pass the infamy test to do so (you don't roll there automatically which it sounded like you had, first you gotta pass the infamy test—if you fail it's a single roll on the gifts table). And you can't use infamy to adjust rolls on the rewards table. What you roll is what you get.

The daemon creation rules don't cover the reward option of acquiring one, so I've always treated it as the player just chooses what binding strength he wants for the weapon and goes from there (skipping the crafting and binding steps).

You are able to roll on either the unaligned or slaanesh tables for your single attribute, as it's a slaaneshi daemon weapon.

Edited by BrotharTearer

Thanks for that BrotherTearer I had completely missed the infamy required to roll on the specific gods table and the other rule as you mentioned.

So did a re-roll and got one infamy success and one failure. The normal roll I ended up with blood substitution, which isn't too bad and the roll on the gifts of Slaanesh I rolled daemon weapon. I guess the gods must really want her to have it.

I like it better this way though, a bit more balanced and makes sense.

Thanks for the heads up!

One minor discrepancy: You cannot use Infamy to boost results on the Reward table, only Gifts. Such is the risk you run when none of the results are bad, just varying degrees of beneficial.

Yep BrotherTearer cleared that up for me in his post, but thanks for checking.

Funnily enough I never got to use her after than anyway.

Ah, I missed that. Thought it worth mentioning since I had somebody try and pull that same trick in one of my first games.

Yeah it's definitely worth mentioning as it's easy to miss, I had until it was pointed out.