New guy here, with a couple of questions

By MythicalMino, in Talisman Rules Questions

Just bought Talisman and the Reaper expansion today.

Played a trial run, and I had 2 questions to kick things off:

1. When trying to open the Portal of Power, you use either your strength or craft skill. Is that the basic skill? Or do you add the modifiers from weapons and stuff?

2. Also, the different cards that you add 4 craft/strength to the card on the board, and if someone visits, they get one of the tokens (strength or craft). The player that drew the card, does he get one automatically when the card and tokens are first played? (Fountain of Wisdom and Pool of Fortune are the two that I know of)

So far, that is it...

Thanks

Chris

Mynnotaur said:

Just bought Talisman and the Reaper expansion today.

Played a trial run, and I had 2 questions to kick things off:

1. When trying to open the Portal of Power, you use either your strength or craft skill. Is that the basic skill? Or do you add the modifiers from weapons and stuff?

2. Also, the different cards that you add 4 craft/strength to the card on the board, and if someone visits, they get one of the tokens (strength or craft). The player that drew the card, does he get one automatically when the card and tokens are first played? (Fountain of Wisdom and Pool of Fortune are the two that I know of)

So far, that is it...

Thanks

Chris

Answer 1: For portal of power( crypt,mines etc) you count starting strength+ strength counters + automatic bonussen from followers and magic objects.

This means that you cannot count weapons or followers and objects that can only be used in battle or psychic combat.

Answer 2 : yes. If you draw fountain of wisdomor pool of life etc, you may visit it and take one counter from the card on the same turn.

This aplies also for enchanter, fairy, marsh, maze etc

Landing=encountering