What parts of the expansions do you use?

By mnBroncos, in Battlestar Galactica

Subject basicly states my question. I have played a hand full of games and want to start adding some of the expansion parts to the experience. (got the expansions when got the base game for great reduction). I am thinking to start with all the normal cards to add to the experience so not always the same cards, especially the super crises cards (you see everyone very quickly with just the base game). Also probably the Pegasus ship and mutanity cards (just so don't have to worry about taking the cards that deal with them) and maybe the CAG. I am just wondering what is the most highly recommended pieces of the expansions. I think the cylon leaders is the thing I want to try the least but not sure which of the other board pieces besides Pegasus should think of adding. (oh besides the updated cylon location and probably updated air force one (presidents ship i can't remember the real name ha)).

I'm pretty sure you have to use all of the new crisis, skill, quorum, destination, super crisis, (etc), cards together for each expansion, or none at all. Same with the new title cards and location overlays. Additional elements like the Pegasus game board or cylon leaders are optional, as are the two play options (cylon fleet, and conflicted loyalties) in Exodus. The alternate cards New caprica, Ionian Nebula, and Earth each have their own components that must be used with them as well if you choose that scenario over kobol.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by MCMC246

Hi...

I have the three expantions. We play with:

Pegasus board (Pegasus); Cylon Fleet (Exodus); Conflicted Loyalties (Exodus) Kobold destiny card (Base), Mutiny cards (Daybreak); Miracle tokens (Daybreak); Cllonial One Overlay (Daybreak), Cylon Locations overlay (Daybreak); Mark vii Viper (Pegasus); CAG (Exodus); Assalt Raptors (Daybreak) and all characters, skills, crises and supercrises cards.

With 7 players, Cylon Leader. With 4 or 6 players, Sympathzer.

This is far the most playable and crazy game mode.

We have all the expansions.

We play with:

Earth objective and Demetrius

Strike raptors

Mutiny

All skill cards, except from Pegasus

All Crisis/Quorum/destination/etc, except for those that execute or reference the CAG

All the characters, but we randomly hand out 2-3 to each player and pick simultaneously

We usually play 5 people, so we skip the Cylon leaders most games

We determined that the Pegasus board is overpowered and the airlock is too easy to use, New Cap is cute but not too much fun, Cylon Fleet board makes the attacks too predictable, and the allies from Exodus didn't do anything meaningful.

I liked the hidden agenda and final five cards, but the hidden agendas were problematic in that they should not have been replaced when the agenda was revealed (I.e. Revealing the agenda should prove you are human, not potentially turn you Cylon)

The ally/Ionian Nebula rules were an interesting idea, but it was too easy to just avoid the entire execute/boxing all together. I'm not sure how those rules could be tweaked to make the decisions more meaningful and costly

Pegasus board, all crisis cards, all super crisis cards, overlays, cylon fleet board, all characters, newest title cards, mutineer cards, newest infiltration card, all loyalty cards including final 5 and conflicted loyalties, all ships, miracle tokens, motive cards, all quorum, all destination.