Want a coop game .. just like LoTR LCG

By tactician93612, in Star Wars: Empire vs. Rebellion

Sure I'd love to see a coop star wars game but I have to say that I absolutely love the LCG as it is right now. I live in a small town in Iowa far away from FFGs league play grasp and I wish I had more people to play against besides my wife. Because of this, It'd be nice to have a coop version but I still hope they develop the LCG as well - I like it.

I was super pumped for the SW LCG... until they switched to PvP. I detest what that game became, but looks like there's a strong market for it, though I never see anyone playing it at LGS's in Chicago.

Interesting. One of the main reasons I avoided the LCG was that I tried a demo at a card shop and found I preferred the older PVP Star Wars card games. I might have to try it again.

+1 for co-op Star Wars card game (or anything really, maybe an Imperial Assault mod). Would love a game that puts a bunch of friends together in Rebel camaraderie against the evil Empire. That would be very old-school Star Wars.

I'm not in to these darker trends of being the villain or anti-hero. At least not for Star Wars or LotR or heroic properties. That fits more for Song of Ice and Fire or the like.

I just like the vibe of coop games and being heroic. More fun and social for me.

I'm not in to these darker trends of being the villain or anti-hero. At least not for Star Wars or LotR or heroic properties. That fits more for Song of Ice and Fire or the like.

I just like the vibe of coop games and being heroic. More fun and social for me.

I have to confess that nothing in Star Wars excites me more than getting to play as a bounty hunter. Those guys are my favorites by far.

But I was still super excited for the original SW cooperative LCG. Just seeing the bounty hunters would have been pleasure enough, even if I didn't get to play as them. And besides, I have plenty of chances to play bounty hunters between the current LCG, Imperial Assault, and now the Scum & Villainy faction for X-Wing.

What I don't have in my collection is a game where my friends/family and I can sit around the table and work together in fast-paced, heroic Star Wars adventures. I agree with a lot of people that sometimes it's fun to play the bad guys*, but it's also fun to work together with other people and I think the Star Wars setting would be a great place to bring people together. Imperial Assault and RPGs come close to scratching the itch, but someone always has to play the Imperial Player or the game master, so it's not ideal. I want everyone at the table to be on the same team.

For what it's worth, out of the 6 scenarios in Rune Age, my family and friends only ever play the cooperative ones. Cooperative gaming is super popular now. I wish FFG would work on a cooperative Star Wars game for us.

* Growing up, I always played the bad guys and my twin always played the good guys. In high school, they even called me "evil twin" from time to time. But after all those years, I've found that I really enjoy the heroic moments of the good guys ... and in an odd twist of fate, my brother has decided he likes flying Imperials in X-Wing best of all.

I have to confess that nothing in Star Wars excites me more than getting to play as a bounty hunter. Those guys are my favorites by far.

You make a really good point there. Everyone loves Boba and bounty hunters are a big part of Star Wars.

Edge of the Empire can scratch that itch nicely but you have to think it can get pretty dark being a real bounty hunter.

I guess co-op and heroic are not always the same but I'm ready to see them come together in a Star Wars game. Something like Mice and Mystics

with it's good story and campaign and bit of character leveling.

You make a really good point there. Everyone loves Boba and bounty hunters are a big part of Star Wars.

True, but have you ever played KOTOR II? The juxtaposition between Mira and Hanharr is great. It highlights the difference between "good" bounty hunters and "bad" bounty hunters.

And to be honest, my favorite bounty hunter is Zuckuss and according to the Legends material, he's one of the softest of the 6 ESB bounty hunters (with maybe Dengar being softer). I mean, Zuckuss defected and joined the Rebels in one story! So I think it depends on the types of bounties you take on.

Wow, this discussion has me itching to play an Edge of the Empire campaign! I haven't had the pleasure of trying FFG's RPGs yet.

But I have thoroughly derailed this thread. The point remains that as nice as RPGs are, a fully-cooperative experience would be great.

Here's a question for you all: if Imperial Assault got fully cooperative missions like the Descent adventures, would that be good enough? Or are you hoping for a Star Wars game that's designed as a co-op from the ground-up?

For some reason, co-op adventures for Imperial Assault hasn't even occurred to me, but now you've mentioned them, I'd love to see that happen!

While co-op variants always tend to feel like they've been an afterthought, to me, the Descent stuff has (so far) been really good to experience, so I'd be all over any possible expansions they may care to deliver in that respect. So I suppose it wouldn't be an absolute imperative that any theoretical game be a new design.

That said, having a co-op card game would be awesome, but would likely need to be a newly-implemented thing. So I'm coming down squarely in the middle of this one...

I'd rather see them show their stuff with a new game designed for Star Wars. The rehashes for the RPG and Imperial Assault have not been as impressive to me.

Congrats on finishing it! That's so great! And the game looks awesome!

After this thread, I've decided to stop buying the SW:LCG cards. Is it a fun game? Yes. Is it the game I want? No. So I've decided to stop supporting it in the hopes of seeing a cooperative game some day. I really wonder what it was about the game that made them decide to scrap it.

I think the SWLCG they made is really excellent--probably the best Star Wars game they made. This is all the more frustrating because I was extremely disappointed they abandoned co-op.

Certainly would be nice. I don't see any other similar games to Lord of the Rings Card Game at the market right now. Would certainly add a game to my collection that had elements of pre-build decks, but having the possibility to customize them. In addition to deck-building co-op combined with scenarios/campaign play. Maybe the idea from LotR Card Game could be developed even further through character progression similar to Shadowrift: Crossfire. If not exactly buying skills for characters, then potentially giving the player an access to higher level of cards after experience gained.