Want a coop game .. just like LoTR LCG

By tactician93612, in Star Wars: Empire vs. Rebellion

Would find it more fun to have myself either solo against the Darkside with 3 Heroes of

my choosing to go up against the Evil Galactic Empire. Or, have myself and 3 friends,

each of us using either 1 Hero type or up to 3 Hero types and go for it !

To make a solid game... Have the Core Rules set, Deluxe Expansions can be either

Planets (there are many, so divide them into parts of the galaxy. Star Wars The Old

Republic does this best!). Then, come out with Adventure Packs (6 per deluxe expansion).

Oh, I know... I am dreaming aren't I !? FFG.. you can still do this! After all, you've the

Force on your side! :D

Agreed. I was *very* dissappointed at the change in direction of the SW LCG after GenCon (was it 2012)? Was hoping the upcoming SW game annoucment would be such a thing. I own the game it is reworking and it is OK, but I'd much rather have seen a co-op.

I'd dig a co-op Star Wars game.

As would I.

I agree. Having a SW coop game like

Lotr would be amazing. I would imagine this would be a huge money maker for ffg as well as you could have light and dark side campaigns...

My wife and wallet are probably happy this doesn't exist though.

I was super pumped for the SW LCG... until they switched to PvP. I detest what that game became, but looks like there's a strong market for it, though I never see anyone playing it at LGS's in Chicago.

To be fair, I should add that I also never see anyone ever playing LotR: LCG either. But I do love that game. Thanks to EASY mode!

I fall squarely into this camp. I have been holding my breath for a stand-alone Star Wars co-op card game from FFG. I saw this announcement and got really excited, only to have that excitement fall as I realized it was another 2-player game.

Still, the mechanics are simple enough that my wife might play it with me (she refuses to play the LCG because of its complexity). However, she really prefers co-ops and I think a cooperative SW game would see a lot of play.

But hey, for $13 bucks, I'll probably pick it up and see how it plays. It's not exactly a huge monetary investment.

I'm with you guys - I was very disappointed when the LCG was made into a PvP game. I still bought it, and the first four-or-so Force packs, because I love the art. But the game didn't look fun to me, and it looked too complicated to attract my primary opponent (my son). I acknowledge that those who play it seem to love it, but it's just not my bag.

I had no idea another SW card game was in the pipe, and I'm really surprised that FFG are doing more of same (2-player PvP), instead of making a card game for the rest of us...

On the plus side, I.J., this one should be simple enough to play with your son. I'm gonna try playing it with my kindergarten-aged daughter and see how it goes. Because she's so young, it probably won't play the way the designers intended, but if it helps me bond with my children, I'll give it a try.

Yes, I'm glad they are releasing this, because the LCG was not a hit with my family (i.e. wife, my primary gaming partner) or my gaming group (and not for lack of me buying product or trying to sell them on it). So I am glad that I will have at least one Star Wars game that I can just break out and play (no deck contruction, etc.).

However, when I first saw the announcement I was CONVINCED this was finally the release of the original co-op game they designed and then scrapped. I was really disapponted when it wasn't. My wife and gaming group would LOVE a Star War coop.

Honestly, I think if they released a Star Wars LCG that essentially a clone (no pun intended) of the LOTR LCG it would be a hit even despite the lack of orginality. Given that they already put some development time into the coop card game, i just don't understand why they wouldn't release it.

I pretty much agree with all of you. I really like to play LOTR LCG because of the solo variant. I have the cards for the Star Wars LCG but I would love solo play for Star Wars. The reason pretty much is that finding other players for the current Star Wars LCG is tough. My experience is that players are in pockets across the country and despite a lot of effort to get players in my local area to play, it has been almost impossible. I am in Kansas and have found a player in Topeka and one in Emporia and that it. There is a group in Kansas City area but its a 2 hour drive.

Bottom line is that I cannot see myself buying into the game.

Edited by Moses2813

I think part of the problem is that us pro-cooperative players are so desperate for SW that we're buing the current LCG which tells FFG that switching to PvP was the right move. At least I know I'm guilty of that. Though I have to admit that I truly love the LCG, I just wish I could have a co-op one too.

I just don't get this release at all. They have a 2 player pvp star wars card game. What does this offer that's new? I want a co-op Star wars game. Or a big multiplayer multi faction star wars game.

I remember ages ago advocating a co-op Star Wars game, simply because it makes sense from the perspective that the films want you to root for the rebels, they want you to hate the Empire, etc. We're not meant to want to play genocidal maniacs with more money and ships than morals! But anyway. Hopefully a co-op game will come sometime down the line, and I'm so glad to have found this thread so I don't feel so alone in that!

With a bit of luck, we'll get something, though. Like Elder Sign to Call of Cthulhu, I'm sure they'll give us a co-op game to counterbalance the LCG...

Another +1 for single player enabled co-op.

+ 1 for solo and multi-player co-op

I bought the SW LCG, played it once or twice with my daughter and we both felt it VERY unsatisfying... just didn't feel like Star Wars to us. The ONLY reason I would buy anything beyond the core set is the AMAZING artwork. I am just awed by it, but I just can't get myself to literally "buy" it.

I own the LotR LCG and love it. I enjoy the solo variant, and would REALLY like the SW game to take the same approach. Litterally re-skin it and use LS against the DS AI deck. That to me would be VERY satisfying indeed.

Come on FFG... make the game we want! the ONLY PvP game I enjoyed was SW Minis and MtG.

Edited by hyeroler

+1 for solo and multi-player Star Wars co-op. I too love The Lord of the Rings LCG, and I've gotten my girlfriend hooked recently, too. She much prefers The Lord of the Rings LCG to the Game of Thrones CG/LCG that I also own -- she finds it less complicated and prefers the co-op dynamic. And I often play Lord of the Rings solo, would do the same with Star Wars if it was an option.

That having been said, I'll probably still give this new game a try.

I've been harping to everyone in the local community that we need a co-op Star Wars game (akin to LotR). I would give every dollar I own to that LCG. That's the thing that speaks too, dollar$. I think if we voiced enough of an opinion and showed FFG how much they could make on it, it could become a reality. And maybe they wouldn't have to make an entirely new game, just an expansion that adds the mechanics. CO-OP PLEASE!!!!

Co op star wars please.

I would also like to see a solo/co-op game.

I was also disappointed in the change for the LCG. I love co-op.

+1000

I need a coop/solo game for SW universe but it´s impossible: SW LCG, Empire vs Rebellion, SW Assault, X-wing, SW Armada,...five games at same time! six games of the same universe seems too much to FFG or any company.

And it´s too sad:

-They have one of greatest systems i´ve ever played: Lotr LCG. They could make good games of SW, Conan, Warhammer... with this system. Why don´t they try to export to other universes?

-They have the art: impressive illustations of SW LCG

But they don´t make it, it´s so sad T_T

I hope a fan made at least

+1 I love playing LCG and as i currently normally only have myself to play with i would love more Co-op Solo-able Games like LotR LCG. I would buy them all.

I dream about choosing my 3 Light side hero's to battle the challenges of the dark side adventure decks. Imagine the possibilities.

No reason we cant have both the current "battle style" SW LCG and a Co-op adventure game version.

Besides Star Wars as a Co-OP LCG other ideas which entice me are:

Star Trek LCG - Players travel the quadrant and work as a team to discover and solve mysterys, puzzles and combat challenges etc.

Call of Cuthulu LCG (players fight against the mythos)

Disk World LCG Players attempt a series of adventures in the Disc World Universe of Terry Pratchett. (Think LotR LCG with more of a sense of humor)

Seriously tho if they never make anymore more Coop games please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a Star Wars one. !!

If You ignore this request for a Star wars Coop LCG then your literally throwing away money you might make from the players like myself that rarely get the chance to play card games in real life with other humans. ( we could always fire up OCTGN and play against other people with free copy's of the cards i guess but this doesn't make much profit for FFG, also im trying to get away from the computer games scene)

Edited by Lowke

A star wars lcg co-op would be amazing, It is what was originally announced for the lcg, but then they did the pvp thing instead in hopes of a larger tournament base. I sunk over $300 into the pvp trying my best to like it, but i do not play anymore, there is no player base in my area, i personally do not like the mechanics or the balance issues. I do not like the fact that if im dark side say sith and i dont play the sith control deck i will get decimated by the jedi. It just was not the game i wanted from ffg. I would be perfectly happy with a lord of the rings lcg clone for star wars. I would prefer a superior version for star wars. But yeah, it would not take them much to pump out a new co-op game for star wars. Seems like Imperial Assault is the best we will get right now.