Multiplayer 3 Players cooperative

By Katsuyori, in Warhammer: Diskwars

I would like to do a game with 3 players, 2 vs 1. I am wondering how to proceed in the activation phase, since the 2-player side will play 2 cards per activation turn, activating a much higher number of discs at the beginning until they run ot of not-activated and not-pinned discs. I fear this could unbalance the game. Then I had the idea that the 2P-team can only play one card per activation turn (they decide which player chooses), meaning there is not one card selected per player, but per side. Any ideas? Proposals? Solutions?

I would like to do a game with 3 players, 2 vs 1. I am wondering how to proceed in the activation phase, since the 2-player side will play 2 cards per activation turn, activating a much higher number of discs at the beginning until they run ot of not-activated and not-pinned discs. I fear this could unbalance the game. Then I had the idea that the 2P-team can only play one card per activation turn (they decide which player chooses), meaning there is not one card selected per player, but per side. Any ideas? Proposals? Solutions?

I have done this with my friends. We do the latter route that you suggested here. The two player team plays their command cards as though they were all one hand, so they can discuss/debate and then play one card per activation phase. The two players thus play as though they were one for that phase.

It worked out well for us, and we have done a few more games that way since then. If you let them play two at a time, I think that things would get very crazy, especially in the second turn if they get to go twice before you do. You could end up with almost your entire army pinned with no ability to react.

Thanks a lot for your advice. This seems very reasonable. I´ll try that.