The Action System

By Simsum, in Dark Heresy House Rules

I was just wondering if anyone's tried chucking out the RAW Action System for the one found in GURPS? And if so, if you'd mind letting me have a peek at the result?

- For the unitiated, GURPS' Action System is conceptually very similar to that of DH, but instead of DH's approach of creating new actions for every special rule, GURPS instead sticks with a few actions that it then modified directly when special rules are in play. Which works out to be a hell of a lot simpler in practice.

Not me, sorry. -But I am considering using the Action Point system from the first DH2Beta on my (hypothetical) next WH40KRP campaign. Basically swap out the current "2 Half Actions or 1 Full Action, plus 1 Reaction" with "You have 3 Action Points- spend them however you want."

Not me, sorry. -But I am considering using the Action Point system from the first DH2Beta on my (hypothetical) next WH40KRP campaign. Basically swap out the current "2 Half Actions or 1 Full Action, plus 1 Reaction" with "You have 3 Action Points- spend them however you want."

We've been using that so far, only rebalanced to 5 AP for ordinary mortals and 7+ AP being Defence Skill territory only.

... I should really post out house rules, such as they are, at Dark Reign. It's just... It's like.. Probably more than 30 separate documents right now.

I'd be interested in seeing it when you do get around to it simsum. =D

Yes! Get working on organizing that mess right now! The Emprah demands it!

A major stumbling block is that we're putting stuff together with the intention of eventually turning it into a private web page, which would replace the books completely. Which means we retain a lot of the original text. So... I'll have to do a fair amount of editing & re-writing to turn it into something I can post publicly without copyright issues.

But be patient. I do intend to get around to it :)