Flying bonus!

By Doc9, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I was very dissappointed when there was no distinction made between flying and ground units in Star Wars. Glad to see that this game makes that distinction. Flying units should be harder for ground units to hit. Good move FFG.

A bit of necromancy here, but I agree.

Am I the only one who thinks that this 40k format would have been MUCH better suited for the Star Wars game? I have serious problems with my suspension of disbelief when a Star Destroyer is skirmishing with a Taun taun...

Or when the Rancor is swatting down X-wings (although, if in atmospheric mode I suppose that COULD happen....) anyway, yes I'd love to see these rules used on a Star Wars card game with those characters etc. Maybe a new game when Episode VII comes out, eh FFG? Hmmm...?

There's a reason for it in Star Wars FFG even released articles on it but won't get in to it this is the Conquest forum.

Am I the only one who thinks that this 40k format would have been MUCH better suited for the Star Wars game? I have serious problems with my suspension of disbelief when a Star Destroyer is skirmishing with a Taun taun...

Yeah they really dropped the ball with Star Wars. I think in many ways Conquest seams like spiritual successor. I feel there are some really strong similarities, like the squads in conquest and the location packs in star wars, similar ideas bout deck design. Yet conquest seams way way better. It looks to have fixed much of what made Star Wars a big fat fail. Including some of those logical inconsistencies that really threw a lot of players off.

There's a reason for it in Star Wars FFG even released articles on it but won't get in to it this is the Conquest forum.

I remember flying being a big part of the Star Wars CCG and how it was a problem. Would you mind linking to the FFG article(s)?

I remember flying being a big part of the Star Wars CCG and how it was a problem. Would you mind linking to the FFG article(s)?

It's not specific to flying or lack thereof but to do with the theme. Here's the link.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3717