How many minis would you need to start?

By SuperKalelJorson7, in Wings of War (WWII)

My gaming buddy and I are considering buying the WWII version of the game with the minis.

How many minis would we need to start, and would we need to buy a base set of the game?

Thanks,

Sean

sepayne7l said:

My gaming buddy and I are considering buying the WWII version of the game with the minis.

How many minis would we need to start, and would we need to buy a base set of the game?

Thanks,

Sean

It really depends on how bad you've been bitten by the miniature bug. gran_risa.gif For me, it was about 200. gran_risa.gif 1/144 scale minis, that is.

Seriously though, I would have to say that you'd definately need the base set of the game to get the damage chits, range sticks and for some of the extra rules. As far as a dogfight goes...hell, you could do that with just one plane each if you really wanted to. I've had some pretty good one on one duels myself. 2 on 2 is kinda the basic standard as far I'm concerned, though.

But be careful, buying those **** minis are addicting! It's kinda like that old potato chip commercial, "Once you have one, you can't stop!" demonio.gif

Thanks for the quck reply, we can at least manage a base set and 1 or 2 minis each to start. Hopefully, I can manage to space out the purchases like I can with the Cthulhu LCG.

We've kind of avoided the minis market out of fear of our spouses and our mortgages. I've already got way too much on the want list to delve into something Warhammerish, but this looks like fun.

Kaufschtick is absolutely correct - minis are like crack!

Seriously, I would start out with four minis. I think that minis make the game more visually appealing, but that's just me. Get two aircraft from each side, and see if you like playing with the minis. If you play a few games and decide it's not for you, sell me your minis at a substantial discount demonio.gif . However, I'm pretty sure you will like them, and you can build your collection from that point. Let us know what you end up doing.

We figure we'll start at 2 each. 1 Axis and 1 Ally plane apiece. We'll just borrow them back and forth for games. I'm hoping to trade on bgg for a copy of the base game, but we'll see.

Thanks for the answers. Really looking forward to playing this.