Character Size Vs Weapon size

By ZHRLoopholes, in Anima Rules Questions

A while back i saw a table somewhere that discussed the character size and how it applies to weapon sizes. since then I have only seen rulings that discuss going bigger such as a small character wielding a medium weapon.

I am currently working with a player who is making a Large character and his current hangup, is that he is wondering if he can use a one or two-handed weapon with full effectiveness with one hand because of his size, and if there are any initiative modifiers that may go with being bigger than average (after all you can swing a pencil faster than a sword)

Our GM is more story than numbers, so they get overwhelmed easily, and i get concerned being a player who is fabricating numbers, that i may go overboard, other wise i would have just made something up and went with it!

Edited by ZHRLoopholes

There is a rule in chapter 8 (pg 68) about character size and weapon sizes. Though it refers to enormous and giant versions of already existing weapons. It basically says that if a weapon is enormous, (2 - 5 times bigger than standard size) the wielder must be at least of large size to use it penalty free. Same goes with giant weapons but the wielder must be giant size or bigger. If a medium person attempts to use an enormous weapon he will suffer a -40 to initiative regardless of his strength. However this is with really BIG weapons. As long as your weapon is "standard" size even with big weapons such as the two-handed sword you should be able to wield it one-handed or two-handed just fine as long as the wielder has the required strength to do so.

yea, i guess my concern comes from the initiative levels though... most short arms grant a positive initiative, but i feel that is because of its size, an epee in the hands of a giant should behave like a stiletto in the hands of some one of average size, i don't think that it should get the same bonus, but i feel there should be some compensation, or even something that took into account having a str characteristic higher than that of the minimum. a stronger arm can swing it faster.

The GM's Toolkit actually has rules for "Pushing the Speed of a Weapon". By moving some of your Str bonus from Damage to Speed, you can increase the Initiative of a weapon. This can only be used on weapons whose speed is a negative number though.

sure, i have never ventured too far into the toolkit. that makes a good amount of sense really... i was almost positive that there was a table that dealt with this topic... but im not going to ruin my life looking for it