Vehicle Prices

By Talonair, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

So, in building the world for my planned campaign, I have reached a slight conundrum. I have absolutely no idea how to price vehicles in Dark Heresy.

My players have expressed an interest in using the more advanced vehicle rules in the Vehicle expansion from Fantasy Flight, and as such the campaign will feature a number of vehicle-focused underhive gangs. However, I have no idea how to price them or how to handle relative rarity for the purposes of acquisition. Does anyone have any ideas?

Well a fully automatic ak-47 is the closest equivalent to a 40k laz gun we have and those go for 15000$ an average. So we can assume an 200 usd to 1 throne exchange rate. but on the other hand you can buy a cup of tea for 5 thrones so... we're just say FFG can't into economics.

Hmm, let's see...

Power Armor costs 8000 thrones (o___o that's dirt cheap), but I would assume the biggest problem would actually be finding one and getting someone to sell it to you. Now, when it comes to vehicles, there are several categories

- Military ones: I assume those behave similar to the PA, the biggest problem finding someone who would sell it to you. On the Black MArket, I'd assume a Leman Russ costing around 25000 Thrones (still dirt cheap, but the imperial throne is kinda... a very, very, very weird currency). Should you be able to procure a vehicle via official channels, the price would be more along the lines of a favor or something.

- Civilian Vehicles: Those are more readily available, with simple cars and trucks probably costing around 2000 Thrones (again, eff that Throne), while you can have all kind of fancy shmancy stuff like anti-grav-vehicles (probably increasing the price by 5x), Mini-Bars etc etc. Of course, you can always build your vehicle yourself, but that'd take some time, spare parts and a bit of reckless abandon :)

Conclusion: The Economy as described in the books according to Item and service-prices suck, with the throne apparently rapidly loosing in value the more expensive your items get.

Alright, this has given me something to work with, I'll post up here if I'm able to figure out a more rock-solid system for actually procuring vehicles