Sudden Pitfall is really annoying

By DurinIII, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

I think for some people, me included, playing through something like that is fundamentally against how you view a "successful" game. I would rather play well with my deck running efficiently on all cylinders, and lose; than grinding out a win with a hero down.

Of course, I can't say I don't love moments like that when all hope seems lost, but you manage to pull off a last-second win. Very satisfying and Tolkien-esque.

4 minutes ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

I think for some people, me included, playing through something like that is fundamentally against how you view a "successful" game. I would rather play well with my deck running efficiently on all cylinders, and lose; than grinding out a win with a hero down.

Of course, I can't say I don't love moments like that when all hope seems lost, but you manage to pull off a last-second win. Very satisfying and Tolkien-esque.

I'm somewhat different: I would almost always rather have a skin-of-the-teeth win with one lone hero remaining than a smooth win, which can occasionally feel a little dull. I do also enjoy a loss where my deck was firing on all cylinders, though—sometimes it's fun to go toe-to-toe with the encounter deck, and still lose.

Everyone has different reasons for playing! Part of what makes the game, and community, vibrant.

Edited by sappidus

Just started a game of "Flight From Moria." One-handed, first turn I send two heroes questing (no allies on the board yet). Sudden Pitfall. I don't want to scoop and start over so I shuffle it back into the deck and draw a different card. Sudden Pitfall again. Sigh.