Beta forums coming down...

By Tim Huckelbery, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Hey all, I also wanted to post here that the beta forums will be coming down within the week. If there are any posting or threads you want to preserve, act now.

-Tim

Thanks for the 'heads-up'!

And we have sub-forums now too!

The cover downloads are now in the support area too.

-Tim

Looking good. One suggestion I have would be for you to consider how to organize feedback regarding an official product in one thread/forum. That could range from rules clarifications to missing maps (gasp!) or simply GM discussion on how to best stage a specific encounter in a given scenario.

Also, this goes especially for rules questions and other stuff that is potential errata content.

Alex

Is anyone else a little annoyed that clicking on the main "Dark Heresy Second Edition" thing just displays another list of forums? Seems unnecessary to have to click twice to get to content. I like the format of the beta boards better. Any chance of rolling the new General Discussion forum up one level so it's the default and the rest are subforums?

Alex—thanks, good suggestions here. Emailing us directly is also for errata items as a note too (both to get an answer, and to get the question into the errata consideration files here).

cps—This is the new forums layout style, so when the new forums were built they adopted the new style. No plans to change back, sorry.

-Tim

I'm just saying that with DW, the responses to Rules Questions were posted all over the place. 2 or 3 weeks ago I did the time to use the search engine to dig out all responses I could find and sort those out that didn't make it into the errata 1.1.

Similarly I could imagine for scenarios that some things might be unclear or a simple thing as "A horde of Genestealers? How do you handle that? They seem to die faster than as individuals."

Alex

Quick reminder, the old beta forums will be coming down this week.

-Tim

Any chance we'll ever get a cross-40k forum of some kind? There's a great degree of overlap and sometimes conversations spread all over.

And sometimes you just want to discuss the fluff, plan scenarios or adventures and so on. Would be helpful if there'd be a general 40k forum for the overall ruleset.

Sort of a "General Warhammer 40,000 RPG Discussions" forum, for discussions on the 40k background or topics pertaining to all of the games?

-Tim

Sort of a "General Warhammer 40,000 RPG Discussions" forum, for discussions on the 40k background or topics pertaining to all of the games?

-Tim

The same goes for Fan Fiction. There's no reason all of the Core Settings couldn't co-mingle in a single place for this otherwise relatively un-used section.

I think the ideal solution would be if it would be possible to create Sub-Forums for all the lines, that in reality links to a single Forum. Let's say I press "Fan Fiction" in the Deathwatch forum. It should link me to the same Sub-Forum as if I pressed "Fan Fiction" in the Only War forum, and so on.

Then just create a "General Warhammer 40,000 RPG Discussions" in the exact same fashion, with the description (or something along those lines) "Discuss general fluff, background or issues that pertains to the Warhammer 40k setting or WH40kRP as a whole."

I'm not sure if this is doable or not, I'm just throwing out an idea, because I expect that it'd do wonders for some of us, and prevent the kind of cross-posting that often goes on (such as the recent threads "Dark Omega - A Warhammer 40,000 novel" and "Change to Weapons", which both are posted in every single 40kRP general forum, which - to those of us that frequents all of the forums - appears incredibly spammy).

Edited by Fgdsfg

I'll pass the idea up the chain. Feel free to write in directly as well too. I could see fan art also being a 40k-generic forum too.

–Tim

Edited by Tim Huckelbery

I'll pass the idea up the chain. Feel free to write in directly as well too. I could see fan art also being a 40k-generic forum too.

–Tim

Where do you send feedback (whether it's game or forum, etc) anyway? Just More... -> Customer Service... -> Contact FFG ?

And definitely Fan Art too. I didn't even realize that there was such a section, that's how un-used it is, and I'm sure it could use any kind of condensation it can get, to really focus those that are interested in contributing, instead of spreading them all over the forum.

Edited by Fgdsfg

Yes, that link is fine. The rules questions link is good too.