Looking to buy this game, can my wife be the Khaleesi's army?

By gylvan2002, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Hello, im new to game of thrones and possibly this game. It will be a hard sale to get my wife to play if she cannot be the Khaleesi's army. Im looking at the rulebook and i don't see house Targaryen listed. Is it in an expansion perhaps? Thanks!!

There is no Targaryen expansion yet.

Sadness surrounds me. Thanks. I'll try to talk her into it anyway.

I've been working on an expansion where you can play any of the nine great houses, so she could play house Targaryen. I do not follow the storyline of the book. Targaryen starts the game on Dragon Stone in Westros as do all of the other eight houses start at their house Castle. When any player house loses their house Castle the remaining living leaders of that house flee to the free cities across the narrow sea and start drawing from a deck of cards, were they may encounter allies or opposition from various elements and people in the story , with the idea of raising an army, ships and enough wealth to return to Westros and regain what you've lost.

Edited by yosefbender

Well im new to the canon, just been watching the show with my wife. I don't know what any of that means rules-wise, but sounds good to me.

on board-game geek there are lots of house rules , but this game really work well with 4 or more player's