Starter Box

By Radish, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

my friends ordered 3 core sets for seven people- one faction for each. Solves that boooring problem from above.

my friends ordered 3 core sets for seven people- one faction for each. Solves that boooring problem from above.

So, you'll have 3*copies of the 7 factions, one for each player. And 3*copies of the neutral cards...

So, you'll have 3*copies of the 7 factions, one for each player. And 3*copies of the neutral cards...

6 of the neutral, remember each core set is designed to build two starter decks from them.

Yes. And I will give them seventh set of neutrals- one from my own 3 sore sets.

I kind of agree with the "Holy **** LCG's cost alot" I play Game of Thrones alot and I have sank a ton of money into the game, but since I did not get in on the ground level, I am still way behind in cards.

That is part of the reason I am so excited about this game. Not only is it a great theme and genre but also, I am getting in on a game in its infancy. So every time I get a new warpack, I will have all of the cards.

Now, *that* is blasphemous even by Chaos standards...

**** it's really bad news that you have to buy 3 core sets (if you want to be competitive - and who doesn't want to be that? ;) ).

None of my friends I play board and lcg with want to buy 3 sets. And its no fun to play a lcg alone, I wont be playing this game (unless FFG want to make an expansion containing all the missing cards from the core set - and that is sadly probably not going to happen).

So to all of you who is going to play this game I wish you good times :) .

U can get all three for like 75 bucks so its not that bad

Thats less the a box of any ccg

I thought the box was retailing for 40? So that's 120, before tax.

If your friends are considering playing the game but are interested in different factions you could each buy one and trade. That's what I'm doing. I'm not really planning an IG, Ork, or DE deck (and probably not a tzeentch chaos deck, though nurgle I might do) so I'm trading those cards out for the Tau, Eldar and SM ones.

You also don't need 3 boxes to play. 2 will be plenty. Or as others have said share the cards.

I just ordered them on Cool stuff inc for 26.99 a box so that makes them cheaper and if you spend 100 its free shipping

I just ordered them on Cool stuff inc for 26.99 a box so that makes them cheaper and if you spend 100 its free shipping

THis is what I am doing. Since I live in Florida, the shipping is pretty cheap for me. I believe 3 core sets does not even break 100

Nope I got three core sets 300 ultra pro sleeves and the legendary board game villains for under 150 with shipping

This comes up every time an LCG is released. The reasons for and against are well established. FFG are unlikely to change it. Live with it or don't buy the game; those are pretty much your choices.

Yeah just trying to show people that its not that cost prohibitive less then a box of any ccg

I play LOTR, CoC and Netrunner...all of those I only bought 1 core set.

I don't know about competitive play but having playing in a ANR league one coreset was enough to have fun AND win. Never tried the others in a more serious environment.

Conquest on the other end, just for the theme I might end up buying 2 cores...just because it's gonna be the best LCG ever made :P