"Return to Duty" Crisis card and the Birg

By MCMC246, in Battlestar Galactica

Can this card move a pilot out of the brig? Cos we identified a cylon, put them in the brig, and next turn they were able to get out straight away because of this card.

Also, when a treachery card or cylon space says activate all raiders or heavy raiders, or all cylon ships of one type, is this treated like when a crisis card activates said ship type, and launch ships where there are none, or include boarding centurions?

From what I can see this is a hotly debated topic. I can't find an official ruling, the public seems to be 2 to 1 in favor of "no".

Since the card does not specifically mention otherwise excluded itself from the default "no moving someone from the brig" rule, I can't see that it was intended to over-ride that. ("Pardon" qurom card specifically says it allow's the moving from the brig - similar questions likes Apollo jumping into a viper ability have been ruled "no").

Since it is a later made card, it could be they intended it to allow the movement, but normal the "rule flaws" fall forwards not backwards.

They did finally get and answer from FFG on this one over in the BGG uFAQ

Q: Can pilots in the Brig launch if the top option of "Return to Duty" is selected?
A: (Tim, FFG, to infocynic No. You cannot escape the Brig this way. Re: Daybreak Unofficial FAQ (was: Questions we want answered)