How Can You Quote Another Post in Your Post?

By Midnight_X2, in Support

I've been clicking the blue quote button at the bottom-right of post's that I want to quote but that just drops me down to a blank text box to type a reply into. When I hit the quote icon in the toolbar above the text box it just opens a blank quote frame with no option to directly quote from a post.

I'm missing something obvious here. Can someone please describe in simple steps how to quote someone else's post in a reply?

Thanks!

This is the blank quote frame that appears when you try to click the quote icon in the toolbar.

Odd. The blue "quote" button in the lower right on the post you want to quote is what should be doing it. When you click that it should be dropping you down but the text box should have the entire post in a quote frame. Works fine for me.

The quote icon in the toolbar lets you put something in a quote box that you already typed, so if you are writing a reply, highlight some text, and click the quote icon, the highlighted text should be put inside of a new quote box. If worst comes to worst you can quote posts that way, by copy and pasting the text into the reply box, highlighting and quoting it that way.

You might also try to "multiquote" a single post. The MultiQuote button to the left of the Quote button pops up a little window button in the lower right corner of the screen. Once you have selected all the posts you want to multiquote (which can be just one) click on that button down in the corner and all the posts should get quoted in the reply box.

Sadly, that is all the help I can offer. As near as I can tell, I am the only person who ever checks the "support" forum, and that only because I asked a question here almost 3 months ago and still haven;t got an answer. I don't think FFG looks here at all unless someone tells them to. I guess you could try reporting your own post to get their attention, or simply shoot them off an email.

Edited by Forgottenlore

Thanks for the info. Based on what you said I must be missing a plug in or something. I tired it with Firefox instead of Internet Explorer and it populated just like you said it would.

Since IE is my primary browser I'd entertain any guesses what setting might need to be changed. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

no idea, sorry