New to the Game. Few quick basic questions

By rahman2000, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Just finished my first game with a friend. Have a few quick questions:

How does resolving strikes work exactly? Can I attack one objective with multiple characters when I win the edge battle? Can I attack multiple objectives with one character? Rulebook states each enemy objective can only be engaged once per conflict phase. So I would do 1 damage as the Rancor to an objective and 3 damage to a unit. Or if I was Emperor Palpatine I can do 3 tactics on anyone and 2 objective damage to any objective I want.

An exhausted unit or character cannot defend. Therefore the attacker gains the unopposed bonus. The opponent cannot edge battle if his units are exhausted. Is this correct?

When using the rancor do I have to destroy my unit AND my opponent's unit? Or do I just destroy his unit?

How do enhancements work exactly? For example I use Dagobah Training Grounds so this means I can generate 1 resource after creating it. This card attaches to a unit/character or is it separate? Can my opponent attack my enhancement card and destroy it? Would the Trust Your Feelings card attach to a character/unit? Once you pay for an enhancement its effects stay on your unit you choose until it is destroyed?

Does it matter which affiliation I choose if I make a custom deck?

Thanks

Edited by rahman2000

When you strike you exhaust the unit and resolve all black icons and also resolve the white ones if you won the edge battle. You decide which order to resolve them in and do it by type.

You decide how many attackers before edge battle but yes you can use multiple attackers normally.

A unit becomes exhausted when it strikes so unless you can remove the focus token it cannot attack again

Emperors objective damage would only affect the engaged objective not any objective.

Only players with units in the engagement can place cards into edge battles.

The Rancor only eats one unit a turn. Eventually he might eat one of yours or starve if there is no units for him to destroy.

Training grounds attaches to your play area not another card.

Only objectives can be the targets of attacks.

Trust attaches to a character like it says on the card and stays there until it or the character is destroyed.

Your affiliation will matter for resource matching and also if you have any objectives that say "X affiliation only" then they must match.

For some help learning, FFG has a pretty good tutorial video (available on YouTube).

Also available on the games support page on this site.

Thanks for the help guys. Just a few more questions if you can help.
If I'm running a custom deck how do I decide which affiliation I will be? Is it based on the majority of my cards is my affiliation in my deck?
You cannot place a focus token on a resource card if it already has a focus token on it from the last turn correct?
I'm attacking with an X Wing that does 2 unit damage and 2 objective damage and my opponent has opted not to fight or place edge cards. Do I do all 2 damage plus one bonus for unopposed to an objective? Can I attack his character since I won the edge battle (initiative)?
An exhausted unit or character cannot defend. Therefore the attacker gains the unopposed bonus since the opponent cannot defend. The opponent cannot edge battle if his units are exhausted. He cannot resolve strikes with me since he is exhausted. Is this correct?

Edited by rahman2000

Pick the one you have the least sets of

Correct

Unit damage can only be applied to units involved in the engagement. If there isn't any it goes nowhere.

Only units in the engagement can strike. Exhausted units would never be in the engagement if they were exhausted before engagement started.

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by rahman2000

For a deck with objectives from 2 affiliations, 7-3 with the affiliation matching the 3 is a good split. You're guaranteed to have both types of resources (minority from the affiliation, majority because you choose 3 out of 4 objectives at the start).

One thing to keep in mind when splitting your affiliations:

When you look at all 10 (or more) of your objectives, decide which ones you'd most want to see in your opening objective draw. Then think about, "If I put those 3 down, how does that effect my starting economy?"

For example, If you have a 7-3 split with say, 7 Sith and 3 Navy, you'd pick Navy as your affiliation, right?

But then, if you choose your Navy objectives instead of your Sith objectives (because for some reason you like the Navy ones better) then your starting affiliation AND your starting objectives will be mostly Navy, with barely any Sith. This can hold you back, since the majority of your command deck will still be made up of Sith cards, not Navy, and you'll have consistency issues due to resource-matching requirements.

In a nutshell, when you build multi-faction decks because you noticed something cool within the cardpool and you started thinking, "Man these two objective sets will work so well together!", remember to take a look at your deck when it's complete and ask yourself, "Which objectives do I want in play? And If I pick those, will I have an easy time paying for my cards? Will I be able to consistently meet resource match requirements? Or will I have to more often pick the less-desirable objectives just to make sure I can reliably pay for my cards?"

Errr...hope that wasn't too confusing...

Edited by chiller087