Totem Staff vs. Craft 6+

By Nemomon, in Talisman Rules Questions

Totem Staff:

You may hold 1 more Spell than your Craft allows.

When we have Craft 6+, we only can have 3 Spells. That's the max value. But from the Totem Staff instructions I assume we can have 4 Spells. 3 is the number of max amount we can have with Craft 6+, so, if we add that +1, we will get 4 Spells. Also nowhere in the Rules Sheet is written, that 3 Spells is a hardcoded value, so cannot be changed by any meaning.

What do You think?

Nemomon said:

Totem Staff:

When we have Craft 6+, we only can have 3 Spells. That's the max value. But from the Totem Staff instructions I assume we can have 4 Spells. 3 is the number of max amount we can have with Craft 6+, so, if we add that +1, we will get 4 Spells. Also nowhere in the Rules Sheet is written, that 3 Spells is a hardcoded value, so cannot be changed by any meaning.

What do You think?

I have not think about this when i saw the card.

but 4 spells with the totem staff is possible...

at least... it's a treasure card....

Nemomon said:

Totem Staff:

What do You think?

I think that Totem's Staff special effect overrides the Rules. You should increase the entire Craft Table by one point.

A Character with less than Craft 3, but with the Totem Staff, may have 1 Spell. A Character with 6 or more may have 4 Spells.