When is the next expansion?

By JonHook, in Mansions of Madness

Lately it seems like Star Wars is getting all of the love at FFG. I'm itching for more Mansions of Madness or other Lovecraftian/Cthulhu goodness. I check the homepage every day for new news, but still nothing.

I hope they haven't given up on mansions.

It's been sometime. The quality has raised dramaticly in the Call of the Wild. I hope they do some more.

I think I've said this before, but I really hope they are trying to do a revision of the original game. Perhaps merge the base game and forbidden alchemy to make a more appealing experience. Left as it is, I have a feeling this franchise will not attract any new fans...

This will frustrate a lot of owners of MoM currently.

I still want my Innsmouth expansion set, with some deep ones and water areas. Unfortunately it seems it won't be coming any time soon...

Getting pretty desperate for a new boxed expansion. Or at least a print-on-demand scenario. Anything! Give us anything, FFG! This is the FFG I'm most invested in -- far more than Arkham or Eldritch Horror. I've dropped dough on every Mansions product that has come out. Neeed ...

Getting pretty desperate for a new boxed expansion. Or at least a print-on-demand scenario. Anything! Give us anything, FFG! This is the FFG I'm most invested in -- far more than Arkham or Eldritch Horror. I've dropped dough on every Mansions product that has come out. Neeed ...

Same here...

There really has to be more coming...they haven't even really done anything with Cthulhu himself! I bet looking at Arkham Horror would be a good way to guess the next expansions to come out; they've already got the artwork, figure design, etc. for several new expansions. I expect an Egyptian type POD a la Dark Pharaoh, perhaps even with desert tiles. Double siding those with artic tiles would make for a perfect big box expansion...Mountains of Madness and Shadow Out Of Time scenarios would be a natural fit. Seems like lately they've worked more directly from the stories (From Beyond, Dunwich Horror) so perhaps a Colour Out Of Space POD using Call Of The Wild Tiles? Innsmouth hasn't really been well represented at all, so a seaside expansion with beaches, lighthouses, reefs, etc would make a lot of sense. Even Ocean tiles would be a bunch of fun, perhaps they do a multi-staged Call Of Cthulhu scenario going to swamp in LA, ending in the ocean on a boat...

Hopefully after that they eventually get to various planes...R'lyeh, Yuggoth, Carcosa, etc..

Edited by Cabot

I wrote customer service a week ago and they said that their is nothing planned at this time.

I wrote customer service a week ago and they said that their is nothing planned at this time.

Edit: Actually Mansions is my gaming group's favorite of all boardgames old & new.

Edited by Ddrumss2112

This does not make me happy. I love FFG, but lately it seems like all I'm seeing is for Star Wars / Warhammer / LCG's.

On the good side a reprint of Mansions is epected 4Q, so maybe we will see something then. And Gen Con is coming up, so if they had something in the hopper for release at Gencon, they may have been instructed to stay mum aboout it. Here's to hoping!

I would like an Insmouth expansion

I am all for an Insmouth expansion. I really hope the lack of new information on a new expansion does not mean the end of this really great game. Of all the games from the Arkham/Cthulhu branch I like this the most. In my opinion it totally captures the feeling of the Cthulhu Mythos and actually features something close to storytelling.

So any news from Gencon?

If anyone from FFG reads these forums, please make a new big box expansion! I, like most of these other folks, have spent hundreds on all MoM products. This game is too new to give up on, please make a new expansion. I don't care if it's a different setting or what, though I agree that a town based Innsmouth expansion would be the easiest and most adaptable. There is so much more potential for this game. My group tried Arkham Horror and Eldritch horror, and we didn't care for them. MoM is so easy to pick up and has such a great setting and there is so much more potential and room to grow. It doesn't make sense to abandon this game yet, as it seems like the demand is there.

I'm hoping for some kind of announcement in the next month or so... but only because I'm hoping that they follow the trend. Mansions of Madness (base) was announced in mid-September of 2010. The first big expansion Forbidden Alchemy was announced in mid-September of 2011. Follow that up the following year, and they announced Call of the Wild early-October 2012.

Last year was a lull (let's pretend) simply because so much time and energy was focused towards Eldritch Horror. We at least got the Laboratory after that. But here's to hoping that 2014 is the year of the expansion we want and need!

I'm hoping for an announcement durring this year's Arkham Nights (October 17th & 18th).

This is a great game, I sure hope they haven't killed it!

That seems... unusual. FFG employees are usually under strict instructions not to confirm or deny the existence (or non-existence) of any of their products until they are announced officially on the main page.

Nothing during Arkham Nights?

Nothing during Arkham Nights?

Unfortunately I guess so.

As much as I loved starwars growing up, I've come to resent it. Anywhere it appears, it ends up sucking all of the life and attention out of everything around it. The movies are a lot of fun to watch, but the obsession is horrible.