Has there been an advertising campaign?

By MrHotter, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

A couple months ago I was in Barnes & Noble when I stumbled across the Edge of the Empire core book. After a quick glance at it I realized it was not a D20 product and got interested.

What surprised me was that the game has been around for years and I was just hearing about it. Once I did an Amazon search for it I started getting targeted ads for it, but by that point I was already buying it.

I think they're targeting the wrong people with the ads. If I had seen an ad two years ago about the Beginner Box I would have been rushing to buy one and would now be filling my shelf with the books as they come out.

I really think it would help sell the product if they advertised to people who have not already bought the game. I've played D&D and The Old Republic Online and there should be enough data from my web browser to have put one and one together to know I was the perfect target for a game like this. Even if they had taken add space on Darth Hater (a fan site for The Old Republic) on a day when the servers were down they could have gotten a lot of traffic to their page.

I hope they buy some advertisement beyond the GenCon crowd before they get to Force and Destiny.

Edited by MrHotter