Andromeda Connections

By Zorajit, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Wanted to try this out, played one game with it today. I'm not sure if it's consistent enough to be competitive but I did have a lot of fun with it. The goal is to leverage Calling in Favors to fund Legwork or R&D Interface runs. Ideally, one Dyson Mem Chip and an Underworld Contact should be down first turn, this allows for a rig of each breaker and a pair of Data Suckers. Hostage's first target is Mr. Li, or Kati if he's already available. Tell me what you think:

Andromeda: Friends List (45 cards, 15 / 15 Influence)

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie
Event (13)
3 Account Siphon
3 Calling in Favors
2 Hostage
2 Legwork
3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (7)
3 Dyson Mem Chip
2 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface ** **
Resource (16)
2 Compromised Employee
2 Decoy
3 Fall Guy
1 John Masanori
1 Kati Jones
1 Mr. Li
3 Same Old Thing
3 Underworld Contact
Icebreaker (6)
2 Corroder ** **
2 Garrote
2 ZU.13 Key Master ** **
Program (3)
3 Datasucker * * *

The deck's title is intentionally juvenile and in no ways meant to be shaming of Andromeda. We can all be equal in our pursuit of quasi-illegal cybercrime.

Edited by Zorajit

You're running a connection engine; add the third Hostage. Extra copies of the important connections will also help, since you can't search for them all.

Professional Contacts and Helpful AI are connections. The latter in particular will greatly increase the reliability of your Underworld Contacts.

I definitely agree with Dunhere on the 3rd hostage play.

I actually run a deck very similar except I run 2x Lawyer Up and actually decided to take the leap and rely on Decoy and Theo Bagbiter to avoid being flatliner. I've found that Bagbiter into a 9 or 12 credit Kati is a great way to get a big hand of events to scare the Crop with. I also love the Legwork and R&D balance though I couldn't live without at least two inside jobs for that turn 1 and 2 threat with Andy.

I think it's personal prefeence really but I'd move towards Dirty Laundry, Inside Job and even possibly Lucky Find to replace Underworld Contacts and Mem Chip. I'd also consider dropping a Fall Guy for another Compromised Employee as you should only really be falling foul of NBN's Character Assassination rather than Tagged resource removal.

All the best,

Az