LibrariaNPCs Freighter Creation Thread

By LibrariaNPC, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Ask and ye shall receive!

MRX-BR Pacifier

250px-Mrxbrpacificer.JPG

Era: Rise of the Empire

Hull type: Scout Vessel (“Exploration Fighter”)

Ship Class: MRX-BR Pacifier

Manufacturer: Sydon Vehicle Works

Hyperdrive: Class 1 (Backup Class 8)

Navcomp: Equipped

Sensor Range: Extreme

Ship's Complement: Pilot; Gunners (3)

Encumbrance Capacity: 40 (25 tons)

Passenger Capacity: 0-3 (depending on number of gunners)

Consumables: 1 year

Cost/Rarity: 170,000 credits (100,000 used)/7

Customization Hard Points: 1

Silhouette: 4

Speed: 4

Handling: -1

Defense: 1/1

Armor: 3

Hull Threshold: 18

System Threshold: 17

Weapons:

3 ventral mounted laser turrets (Fire Arc Turret; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close])

2 chin mounted proton torpedo launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 8; Critical 2; Range [short]; Breach 6, Blast 6, Guided 2, Limited Ammo 8, Slow-Firing 1; Linked 1)

Special : Computer-Controlled Weapons: This craft is equipped with an advanced automated system to allow the pilot to operate the vehicle while the AI fires the turrets. At baseline, treat these turrets as having Agility 0 and a Gunner skill of 3. This of course can be increased by raising the skill or Agility rating (GM’s discretion for NPC, GM’s choice of approach for PCs).

Creator’s Note : This ship is known for its powerful sensors, thus why it has Extreme range. An alternative is to add two boost dice (or even an upgrade) to any checks using the sensors and reduce it to Long range (or possible leave it at Extreme). This sensor package is stated to be able to count the number of leaves on a tree while still in orbit, so Extreme range fits. The boost dice may make it over the top.

This has been statted as a small, relatively fast but somewhat fragile fighter, as other versions of the game noted low hull ratings but moderate speed (7/10 of a TIE). If this is uncomfortable for you, I would raise the Hull to 21 and System to 19; any higher and it’s too good.

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar and a wonderful asset to the community

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar and a wonderful asset to the community

Glad to be of service. I assume it meets your expectations and needs?

If so, enjoy!

If not, let me know where I can improve upon it and I'll start up even more research and comparison!

Mu-2 Shuttle

250px-Cobra-SWGTCGAOD.jpg

Era: Rebellion

Hull type: Scout

Ship Class: Mu-2 Shuttle

Manufacturer: Seinar Fleet Systems

Hyperdrive: Class 2 (Backup Class 20)

Sensor Range: Medium

Ship's Complement: Pilot, Co-Pilot

Encumbrance Capacity: 165 (100 tons)

Passenger Capacity: 14 (troops)

Consumables: 6 months

Cost/Rarity: 160,000 credits (110,000 used)/7

Customization Hard Points: 2

Speed: 3

Hull Threshold: 28

System Threshold: 20

Weapons:

2 forward mounted laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

Edited by LibrariaNPC

SCT Scout Craft

250px-Mesens_Corp_SCT.jpg

Hull type: Transport

Ship Class: SCT Scout Craft

Manufacturer: Mesens Corporation

Hyperdrive: Class 2 (Backup Class 12)

Sensor Range: Extreme

Ship's Complement: Pilot, Co-pilot/sensors operator, 3 gunners

Encumbrance Capacity: 500 (275 tons)

Passenger Capacity: 8

Consumables: 3 months

Cost/Rarity: 1.2 Million credits (720,000 used)/8

Silhouette: 5

Speed: 2

Handling: -2

Defense: 1/1/1/1

Armor: 2

Hull Threshold: 35

System Threshold: 30

Weapons:

Ventral Heavy Laser Cannon (Fire Arc Ventral Turret; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short])

2 Dorsal Laser Cannon Turrets (Fire Arc Dorsal Turret; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short])

Creator’s Note : The ship is normally equipped with a Dual Turbolaser, but as they are Restricted, it seemed a bit odd to have it on there and restrict a scouting craft. Feel free to replace the ventral cannon with a turbolaser if you feel it is justified.

And the high cost is not my doing; it is what is listed in the book. I personally would put this MUCH lower, but if the Mesens Corporation only made them one-by-one, I can see the high cost.

X4 Gunship

250px-Incom_X4.jpg

Hull type: Gunship

Ship Class: X4 Gunship

Manufacturer: Incom Corporation

Hyperdrive: Class 3 (Backup Class 15)

Sensor Range: Short

Ship's Complement: 8; Pilot, Co-Pilot/Gunner, Gunners (6)

Encumbrance Capacity: 35 (20 tons)

Passenger Capacity: 6

Consumables: 1 month

Cost/Rarity: 200,000 credits (75,000 used)/7

Customization Hard Points: 1

Defense: 2/1

Armor: 4

Hull Threshold: 24

System Threshold: 18

Weapons:

6 Laser Cannon Turrets (Fire Arc Turret*; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close])

Locations : 2 Ventral, 2 Aft/Ventral, 2 Dorsal

2 Forward Mounted Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

YE-4 Gunship

250px-Ye4_gunship.jpg

Hull type: Gunship

Ship Class: Ye-4 Gunship

Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems

Hyperdrive: Class 3

Ship's Complement: 8; Pilot, Co-Pilot; Engineer; 5 gunners

Encumbrance Capacity: 65 (40 tons)

Passenger Capacity: 6

Consumables: 6 months

Cost/Rarity: Not Available For Sale (Estimated at 220,000 credits/7 ®)

Customization Hard Points: 0

Handling: 0

Defense: 2/1

Armor: 4

Hull Threshold: 27

System Threshold: 22

Weapons:

4 laser cannon turrets (Fire Arc Turret*; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close])

Locations: 1 aft, 2 ventral, 1 dorsal (chin mounted)

2 forward mounted heavy blaster cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range [Close])

Creator’s Note : I took a few liberties with this. Wookieepedia states that this ship has 6 blaster cannons, but it seemed a bit weak for an Imperial ship, especially since it’s supposed to rival the X4 Gunship. It also didn’t like how the hyperdrive was a Class 4, so I changed it to a 3 (at least) to rival the Rebel’s opposing ship.

I have a few more on the docket that I am putting some finishing touches on, but if anyone has any other requests, just fire away!

Alright, work got in the way for the most part, and then I got some really annoying news from my new landlord that I've been trying to fix, so stats had to fall to the wayside for the evening. I'll get the finished notes on the Conductor-class landing craft tomorrow (I had to do some research on the variants of it) as well as begin the new ships after I get set up.

Just saw this when I was looking at droids. Figured it might be a little different than the others.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/KT-400_military_droid_carrier

That's on the docket, don't worry! I'll finish that one up after I square away the Conductor!

About your notes on... ummmm... "Classic" starships, are those coming out after most of the ships are listed? I ask because I'm starting to draw up a d100/d% chart for adding "character" to these older spacecraft the PCs might have to contend with and I'm curious on your take. :)

About your notes on... ummmm... "Classic" starships, are those coming out after most of the ships are listed? I ask because I'm starting to draw up a d100/d% chart for adding "character" to these older spacecraft the PCs might have to contend with and I'm curious on your take. :)

I have a few notes sitting around that I haven't typed up, but the following options are on the docket and one or more of them can be combined:

1) Give the ship the equivalent of a "Critical Hit" that is difficult or impossible to repair. This can be selected or randomly rolled.

2) Select or roll from a chart to determine the flaw(s). My options include the following:

--Hyperdrive Issues (damage, slower than expected, problems, etc)

--Electronics Errors (annoyances for the most part; doors won't open all the time, alarms randomly sound)

--Shield malfunctions (nonexistent, lower than expected, only work on certain facings, etc)

--Power Fluctuations (randomly shut down a system when certain other systems turn on; activating shields knocks out the maneuvering jets, for example)

--Poor repairs (permanently reduce Hull, System, or even Armor)

--Damaged Supplies (reduce consumables, escape pods, etc)

3) Add "modifications" that aren't expected. You could tie this to the above by putting it into the chart, but it's funnier to think that someone adding a sensor jammer is the cause of the Power Fluctuations.

4) Reduce statistics. Simple as that.

Note : I have more ideas for each and notes, but I'm under a time limit since I need to be out the door shortly to fix the landlord's mistakes so I can get my new place this week. I'll try to get back to you on this later.

I have a few notes sitting around that I haven't typed up, but the following options are on the docket and one or more of them can be combined:

1) Give the ship the equivalent of a "Critical Hit" that is difficult or impossible to repair. This can be selected or randomly rolled.

2) Select or roll from a chart to determine the flaw(s). My options include the following:

--Hyperdrive Issues (damage, slower than expected, problems, etc)

--Electronics Errors (annoyances for the most part; doors won't open all the time, alarms randomly sound)

--Shield malfunctions (nonexistent, lower than expected, only work on certain facings, etc)

--Power Fluctuations (randomly shut down a system when certain other systems turn on; activating shields knocks out the maneuvering jets, for example)

--Poor repairs (permanently reduce Hull, System, or even Armor)

--Damaged Supplies (reduce consumables, escape pods, etc)

3) Add "modifications" that aren't expected. You could tie this to the above by putting it into the chart, but it's funnier to think that someone adding a sensor jammer is the cause of the Power Fluctuations.

4) Reduce statistics. Simple as that.

Note : I have more ideas for each and notes, but I'm under a time limit since I need to be out the door shortly to fix the landlord's mistakes so I can get my new place this week. I'll try to get back to you on this later.

I should also note that I was looking at using the EotE dice instead of percentages, but I haven't had much time with my book in hand lately thanks to recent projects. I'll stat up the Conductor and that droid carrier, and then I'll see what I can do with this.

I should also note that I was looking at using the EotE dice instead of percentages, but I haven't had much time with my book in hand lately thanks to recent projects. I'll stat up the Conductor and that droid carrier, and then I'll see what I can do with this.

Really? That should be intresting. The chart I was developing was based off the critical damage chart. The older the ship, higher the starting number and worse things tended to get. Also anything 'military surplus' (usually retired Clone Wars equipment, gods help you if its from earlier) tends to start higher on the chart, unless you found it unissued and/or delivered.

Really? That should be intresting. The chart I was developing was based off the critical damage chart. The older the ship, higher the starting number and worse things tended to get. Also anything 'military surplus' (usually retired Clone Wars equipment, gods help you if its from earlier) tends to start higher on the chart, unless you found it unissued and/or delivered.

I started to type up my notes during my dinner break in between the usual interruptions, but didn't get a chance to finish it.

I was tempted to add percentiles for the specific problems, but I am still on the fence.

Remember that this isn't complete, but I didn't want to leave people hanging and wanted to get some extra feedback on these rules before utilizing them.

Regardless, this is what I was able to type up during dinner:

Used and Ancient Ships

When purchasing a used ship, the player’s success on the negotiation (or similar) roll will determine the quality of the ship in question. Note that ANY used ship should have some sort of flaw or quirk in exchange for the bargain price.

Also note that the GM may pick and choose from this list (or create their own) as they see fit depending on the campaign. Some of the below options may not be campaign friendly while others may seem “too nice.” The GM is the final call and may even combine results.

Success : The player rolls a single Challenge die.

If Remaining Advantage : Add a single boost die to this roll.

If Remaining Threat : Add a single setback die to the roll.

If Triumph : Reduce a Challenge die to a Difficulty die.

If Despair : Add another Challenge Die.

The result of this roll determines the quality of the ship.

Success : The ship is in pretty good shape! Roll once on the “Minor Annoyances” table to see what is going on.

Advantage : The ship is pretty good but needs a bit of worth. Roll for two Minor Annoyances.

Threat : This thing is pretty beat up. Roll for a Minor Annoyance and an Inconvenience.

Failure : The ship has seen better days. Roll two Inconveniences.

Despair : You’re lucky this thing is spaceworthy. Roll two Rust Buckets and hope she’ll fly!

Special: When purchasing an obviously old or ancient ship (or if the GM is feeling rather vindictive for a new, poorly treated ship), the ship automatically has at least one flaw from the Rust Bucket list.

Note : On a roll of X , the GM has free reign with any option here OR, if they choose, create a story-specific situation regarding the ship.

Minor Annoyances

These are exactly that: minor annoyances. They could be fixed with enough time and the right parts, but sometimes they are just quirky things.

--Minor Malfunction: A system just won’t work properly all the time. This can be anything that is annoying but not immediately deadly. Options include randomly garbled communications, doors opening of their own accord, alarms that sound every six hours, a maneuvering jet that won’t fire under stress, a galley with odd temperature settings, etc.

--Slapshot Repairs: Whoever did the work on this ship must have had another day job. Add a setback die to all attempts to do a repair on the ship.

--Temperamental Droid Brain: The previous owner installed a droid brain (or two, or three. . .) to help around the ship. Sadly, it has a bit of an attitude and is wired into the system. The droid doesn’t have control over much beyond a few minor things (certain doors, diagnostic tools, etc). The droid may dislike or distrust the new owners, but will not purposely try to harm them.

--Minor Damage: The ship still has the lingering effects of a critical hit. Roll a critical hit and subtract 20 from the result. If the result is "temporary" (i.e. end of the session) make it permanent until completely repaired.

--Bad Reputation: The previous owner had a bit of a. . .reputation. Those who recognize the ship may assume that the reputation will continue. The reputation is solely up to the GM.

--Incomplete Modification: The previous owner was undergoing some work before losing the ship. The ship has a single modification attached, but it is currently using twice the hard points.

--Faulty Hyperdrive: Either the ship wasn’t maintained or the hyperdrive was never repaired. Add two setback dice to all Astrogation checks

-- Roll twice on this table.

Inconveniences

These are issues that can range from a minor problem to a “major inconvenience” that just so happens to leave spacers stranded in the middle of the unknown regions. . .

Rust Bucket

She might say “You came in that thing? You’re braver than I thought.” Or maybe you’ll be dead as soon as you leave the atmosphere. You’ll never know what sort of surprises an old rust bucket will have for you.

Edited by LibrariaNPC

Conductor-class Short-haul Landing Craft

250px-Conductor-class_landing_craft.jpg

Era: Old Republic

Hull type: Shuttle

Ship Class: Conductor -class Short-haul Landing Craft

Manufacturer: Republic Fleet Systems

Hyperdrive: Class 3

Ship's Complement: Pilot

Encumbrance Capacity: 130 (80 tons)

Passenger Capacity: 5 (+2 Bulk-loader droids)

Consumables: 2 weeks

Cost/Rarity: 250,000 credits (100,000 used)/7

Hull Threshold: 19

System Threshold: 18

Weapons:

None

Creator’s Note : First, this ship is only 19 meters long, making it barely longer than a Y-Wing (16 meters). I am guessing that it is a good deal taller and wider as it can carry 80 tons and five passengers, thus the Silhouette 4.

I gave it a low Hull as it is tiny and is NOT a combat vehicle. Its primary purpose is to move cargo to a planet and get out. I am not against raising this number; my alternative was 22 Hull 19 System.

Second, there are supposedly two variants: The CX and the CXB. The CXB is supposed to have more cargo in exchange for less fuel and consumables. I’m not sure how to best approach this beyond reducing the consumables to 1 week and raising the cargo by another 10-20 (as the consumables here includes fuel). Otherwise, the two versions are identical.

Between the green and the dual sensor dishes, it looks like a ship birthed from a Rodian's dreams.

I think you might have just ruined this ship for me......

Gorgeous colouring though (I'll just have to block the Rodian comments out) > :)

You could have given me something a bit more challenging.

Here's the writeup I put together while I set water to boil for tea and breakfast:

Stathas -class Freighter

Green_Freighter_0008.jpg

Hull type: Shuttle

Ship Class: Stathas -class Freighter

Manufacturer: MandalMotors

Hyperdrive: Class 1 (Backup Class 15)

Sensor Range: Medium

Ship's Complement: Pilot; Co-pilot and Gunners (2) Optional

Encumbrance Capacity: 180 (110 tons)

Passenger Capacity: 8

Consumables: 2 months

Cost/Rarity: Not openly available for sale. Estimated at 150,000 credits/8

Customization Hard Points: 3

Hull Threshold: 24

System Threshold: 20

Weapons:

Dorsal and Ventral mounted laser cannons ( Fire Arc Turret; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close])

Forward Mount Proton Torpedo Launcher ( Fire Arc Forward; Damage 8; Critical 2; Range [short]; Breach 6, Blast 6, Guided 2, Limited Ammo 8, Slow-Firing 1)

Creator's Note: It's not quite perfect. I based it off of a YT-1300 with a few perks that MandalMotors would put on an experimental ship that appears to have been built to rival the YT-1300. I don't have access to the original stats in Polyhedron 100, so I couldn't do a proper comparison, but I think this one will suffice.

Edit : I removed the Quad Laser Cannon and replaced it with a ventral and dorsal medium laser cannon. I was trying to avoid it as it makes it feel too much like a YT-1300, but as the only one we see in action has it, we might as well go with it.

Edited by LibrariaNPC

With that, I need to get ready to run. Getting my keys for the new place this afternoon, but I should be able to get back to statting if it is quiet enough at the office or during my break.

You could have given me something a bit more challenging.

Here's the writeup I put together while I set water to boil for tea and breakfast:

Stathas[/size] -class Freighter[/size]

Green_Freighter_0008.jpg

Era: [/size] Rebellion[/size]

Hull type: [/size] Shuttle[/size]

Ship Class: [/size] Stathas[/size] -class Freighter[/size]

Manufacturer: [/size] MandalMotors[/size]

Hyperdrive: [/size] Class 1 (Backup Class 15)[/size]

Navcomp: [/size] Equipped[/size]

Sensor Range: [/size] Medium[/size]

Ship's Complement: [/size] Pilot; Co-pilot and Gunners (2) Optional[/size]

Encumbrance Capacity: [/size] 180 (110 tons)[/size]

Passenger Capacity: [/size] 8[/size]

Consumables: [/size] 2 months[/size]

Cost/Rarity: [/size] Not openly available for sale. Estimated at 150,000 credits/8[/size]

Customization Hard Points: [/size] 3[/size]

Silhouette: [/size] 4[/size]

Speed: [/size] 3[/size]

Handling: [/size] 0[/size]

Defense: [/size] 1/1[/size]

Armor: [/size] 3[/size]

Hull Threshold: [/size] 24[/size]

System Threshold: [/size] 20[/size]

Weapons:[/size]

Ventral mounted Quad Laser Cannon ([/size] Fire Arc Turret; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Accurate; Linked 3)[/size]

Forward Mount Proton Torpedo Launcher ([/size] Fire Arc Forward; Damage 8; Critical 2; Range [short]; Breach 6, Blast 6, Guided 2, Limited Ammo 8, Slow-Firing 1)[/size]

Creator's Note: It's not quite perfect. I based it off of a YT-1300 with a few perks that MandalMotors would put on an experimental ship that appears to have been built to rival the YT-1300. I don't have access to the original stats in Polyhedron 100, so I couldn't do a proper comparison, but I think this one will suffice.