LibrariaNPCs Freighter Creation Thread

By LibrariaNPC, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Just curious, a lot of those ships you gave a pretty high cost/rarity. Is that intended to reflect prices/rarity of those ships during the Rebellion era, or for the the Old Republic era?

Most of the prices were pulled right from Wookieepedia, which means those prices were pulled from other rulebooks or sources, but since many of the ships in the current books by FFG are pretty close to those numbers, if not spot on, I've been using them. Of course, prices are entirely up to the GM, really; I just offer guidelines.

Rarity is an odd variable. A number of the ships I've statted are in the 6-7 range, as a 5-6 is "normal." Most of these ships are obviously much rarer or far more difficult to get one's hands (or similar appendage) on. For example, a YT-1300 is by far the most common ship on the lanes, so having a low rarity makes sense. A ship from the Old Republic that is still plodding along should be harder to find than a fully trained Jedi Master at the height of the Empire.

That said, Rarity is a number I expect people to tweak. My table seldom uses the set Rarity, as some areas are inherently going to have an item (i.e. going to a CEC shipyard is almost ensuring that they'll have nearly every CEC ship still in production, or at least be able to get you on the waitlist).

Didn't notice Arc-170. Do you have that or is there an official version available

Didn't notice Arc-170. Do you have that or is there an official version available

It's in my Starfighter Creation Thread. Specifically, linked here .

XS Stock Light Freighter

250px-XS_stock_light_freighter.png

Era: Old Republic

Hull type: Freighter

Ship Class: XS Light Freighter

Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation

Hyperdrive: Class 3; Class 12 Backup

Navcomp: Yes

Sensor Range: Short

Ship's Complement: One pilot; Co-pilot and 2 gunners (optional)

Encumbrance Capacity: 100 (+25 in Smuggling Compartments)

Passenger Capacity: 6

Consumables: Two Months

Cost/Rarity: 125,000 / 5

Customization Hard Points: 3

Silhouette: 4

Speed: 4

Handling: 0

Defense: 1/1

Armor: 3

Hull Threshold: 25

System Threshold: 15

Weapons:

Dorsal and Ventral Turret Mounted Medium Laser Cannons (Fire Arc All; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1*)

Forward Mounted Concussion Missile Launcher (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breath 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 6, Slow-Firing 1).

*These weapons may be set to forward firing and can be fired from the cockpit. Should this occur, the Linked quality may be used.

Note: This ship comes "standard" with smuggling compartments.

Under the Laser Cannon, you have Breath 4. Did you mean Breach?

XS Stock Light Freighter

250px-XS_stock_light_freighter.png

Era: Old Republic

Hull type: Freighter

Ship Class: XS Light Freighter

Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation

Hyperdrive: Class 3; Class 12 Backup

Navcomp: Yes

Ship's Complement: One pilot; Co-pilot and 2 gunners (optional)

Encumbrance Capacity: 100 (+25 in Smuggling Compartments)

Consumables: Two Months

Cost/Rarity: 125,000 / 5

Customization Hard Points: 3

Handling: 0

Defense: 1/1

Armor: 3

Hull Threshold: 25

Weapons:

Dorsal and Ventral Turret Mounted Medium Laser Cannons (Fire Arc All; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1*)

Forward Mounted Concussion Missile Launcher (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breath 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 6, Slow-Firing 1).

*These weapons may be set to forward firing and can be fired from the cockpit. Should this occur, the Linked quality may be used.

Note: This ship comes "standard" with smuggling compartments.

Under the Laser Cannon, you have Breath 4. Did you mean Breach?

Sorry, forgot to follow things due to all of the recent insanity.

Yes, I did mean Breach.

Has a YT-1930 been done officially or not? I love the Venture from Future Armada and I think it makes a great deckplan for the 1930.

(I'd drop the whole shuttle/cockpit thing though.)

Venture_01.jpg

Edited by Ahrimon

Wonderful thread LibrariaNPC, I've been lurking here for a few years now.
Only recently actually managed to form a group and get some EotE action, Finally!

Has this been done anywhere? I'd love to use it as a sort of mobile Home base.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baleen-class_heavy_freighter

Sorry for the radio silence; I've had my hands full with a number of things that are on my plate (playtests, death in the family, birth in the family, trying to get a group together, etc), so I haven't been lurking here as much as I normally do.

Has a YT-1930 been done officially or not? I love the Venture from Future Armada and I think it makes a great deckplan for the 1930.

(I'd drop the whole shuttle/cockpit thing though.)

Venture_01.jpg

I'll need to check and see if it's in my "don't stat" list, but if it's not I'll see if I can throw something together.

Wonderful thread LibrariaNPC, I've been lurking here for a few years now.
Only recently actually managed to form a group and get some EotE action, Finally!

Has this been done anywhere? I'd love to use it as a sort of mobile Home base.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baleen-class_heavy_freighter

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed it!

As for the Baleen, I'll see what I can cook up. I haven't even touched The Force Awakens yet as I don't have the spare funding sitting around to buy the cross section books and the like. It'll be entirely eyeballed, though, so we shall see what I can do.

All good, there's no rush, I don't see my group being able to afford such a beast any time soon, or be capable of stealing one yet >: )

"The Force Awakens Incredible Cross Sections" is another beauty and well worth it when you can.
It has a nifty 'size comparison' section at the back of all the craft it shows.

Looks like a different system that I'm not familiar with, but this may help? ~

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5847&sid=bbbb372191c19d635084df4f1fb2e7bf

Thanks again for all your great work in these threads!

Edited by tadamir

All good, there's no rush, I don't see my group being able to afford such a beast any time soon, or be capable of stealing one yet >: )

"The Force Awakens Incredible Cross Sections" is another beauty and well worth it when you can.

It has a nifty 'size comparison' section at the back of all the craft it shows.

Looks like a different system that I'm not familiar with, but this may help? ~

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5847&sid=bbbb372191c19d635084df4f1fb2e7bf

Thanks again for all your great work in these threads!

Huh, that means someone statted it in the D6 version. I knew that version of the game was still seeing love, but that was unexpeted!

I'll use that for a few guidelines and go from there.

As for cross-sections, I love getting them, but shelf space and finances tend to disagree on getting all the books I want. Heh.

Of course, if you just wanted to utilize some interesting 3rd party deck plans and stat up a venture, that would be cool too. =) I'm a fan of the modular nature of the two pods on the back as well as the overall shape and design of the ship. I don't care for the shuttle cockpit idea, but as an escape pod, it's not a bad idea.

This thing would be cool too. http://fractalsponge.net/?p=329 I found it on the link that 2P51 provided in the ship art thread.

Ahh, yes. That’s the Imperial version of the Millenium Falcon. It is pretty cool!

This thing would be cool too. http://fractalsponge.net/?p=329 I found it on the link that 2P51 provided in the ship art thread.

I know I'm not the guy on this thread, but I spitballed up the following using Oggdude's awesome tool:

Intersector-class Sloop

Speed: 3

Handling: -1

Armor: 4

Hull Trauma: 28

System Strain: 15

Hull Type: Gunship

Categories: Starship

Hyperdrive: Primary Class 2,Backup Class 12

Navicomputer: Yes

Ship's Complement: Pilot, co-pilot, engineer, 6 gunners

Encumbrance Capacity: 50

Passenger Capacity: 10

Consumables: 1 month

Cost: 195,000

Rarity: 7 (Restricted)

Customization Hard Points: 1

Weapons:

(1) Dorsal Turret Mounted Twin Heavy Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : All; Damage : 6; Critical : 3; Range : Short; Qualities : Linked 1)

(1) Ventral Turret Mounted Twin Heavy Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : Forward, Port, Starboard; Damage : 6; Critical : 3; Range : Short; Qualities : Linked 1)

(2) Ventral Wing Turret Mounted Quad Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : All; Damage : 5; Critical : 3; Range : Close; Qualities : Accurate 1, Linked 3)

(2) Dorsal Wing Turret Mounted Quad Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : All; Damage : 5; Critical : 3; Range : Close; Qualities : Accurate 1, Linked 3)

The price is the thing I'm least sure about, but it should cost more than a Decimator, and it does. It's just the TIE/HU is more expensive, which is messed up. Maybe the Rarity should be 6 instead of 7. Hyperdive should maybe be class 1 since it's a military ship. I left any missile off since that would pretty much make the Decimator obsolete.

What about the Mon Calamari Deep-Water Class Light Frighter?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DeepWater-class_light_freighter

At first i thought the MC-18 is the Deepwater Class but then i realised that the real Deep Water Class is about twice the length and widht of the MC-18.

I would make the ship a little more durable, give it one or two more hardpoints as the ship is bigger but give it two or three setback dices for the size. Or do you think this ship would be a size 5 vessel which would also be interesting as there are no ships this size from Mon Cal.

My stats would be:

Mon Calamari Deep Water Class

Handling: -2

Hull Trauma: 30

System Strain: 20

Hull Type: Light Frighter
Hyperdrive: Primary Class 2, Backup Class 15
Ship's Complement: 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner

Encumbrance Capacity: 250
Consumables: 2 month
Cost: 200,000
Rarity: 6
Customization Hard Points: 4

Shields: 2F, 1A
Weapons:
(1) Dorsal Turret Mounted Twin Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : All; Damage : 6; Critical : 3; Range : close; Qualities : Linked 1)

Capable of operating as a submarine

I know I'm not the guy on this thread, but I spitballed up the following using Oggdude's awesome tool:

Intersector-class Sloop

<SNIP>

Weapons:

(1) Dorsal Turret Mounted Twin Heavy Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : All; Damage : 6; Critical : 3; Range : Short; Qualities : Linked 1)

(1) Ventral Turret Mounted Twin Heavy Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : Forward, Port, Starboard; Damage : 6; Critical : 3; Range : Short; Qualities : Linked 1)

(2) Ventral Wing Turret Mounted Quad Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : All; Damage : 5; Critical : 3; Range : Close; Qualities : Accurate 1, Linked 3)

(2) Dorsal Wing Turret Mounted Quad Laser Cannon ( Fire Arc : All; Damage : 5; Critical : 3; Range : Close; Qualities : Accurate 1, Linked 3)

The price is the thing I'm least sure about, but it should cost more than a Decimator, and it does. It's just the TIE/HU is more expensive, which is messed up. Maybe the Rarity should be 6 instead of 7. Hyperdive should maybe be class 1 since it's a military ship. I left any missile off since that would pretty much make the Decimator obsolete.

To make this thing less of a beast, you could easily say that those four guns are simply four barreled autoguns rather than quad laser cannons and twin medium lasers instead of twin heavy.

Four autoguns still make for a great anti-fighter defense.

Sorry for the long pause again. I really need to find time to stay on target here.

No new ships yet. My group has decided AGAINST playing Star Wars and have instead asked to play something a bit more familiar to everyone (we're going for 7th Sea when the new game is released and when we're caught up with playtests). Time has been an issue with playtests, and my FLGS is terrible at getting my books to me so I can ensure I'm not going to stat something that's out there again.

What about the Mon Calamari Deep-Water Class Light Frighter?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DeepWater-class_light_freighter

At first i thought the MC-18 is the Deepwater Class but then i realised that the real Deep Water Class is about twice the length and widht of the MC-18.

I would make the ship a little more durable, give it one or two more hardpoints as the ship is bigger but give it two or three setback dices for the size. Or do you think this ship would be a size 5 vessel which would also be interesting as there are no ships this size from Mon Cal.

Can't touch it (see first post). You'll have to speculate on that one on your own, sadly.

Intersector-class Sloop

Hull Trauma: 28

System Strain: 15

Hull Type: Gunship
Hyperdrive: Primary Class 2,Backup Class 12
Ship's Complement: Pilot, co-pilot, engineer, 6 gunners
Encumbrance Capacity: 50
Passenger Capacity: 10
Consumables: 1 month
Cost: 195,000
Rarity: 7 (Restricted)
Customization Hard Points: 1
Weapons:

This is a pretty solid statblock. A few notes/thoughts for you:

1) Not sure how I feel about the Hull/System Strain. The Hull is better than a YT-2500, but it's less than the Decimator (which is the ship I'd be using as my guideline here). It makes sense, but I know I'd be waffling on that.

The System Strain feels a bit low, both as a ship of that type and in comparison to the Decimator, especially with that pricetag. I'd sneak it closer to the 20 mark myself (probably 18 or 19) so it's not a direct competitor to the Decimator in those categories.

2) I'm torn on the Handling -1. It has maneuvering fins going for it, but I'm not sure if -1 is low enough. I would have also stepped it up from the Decimator (especially since they share common hull designs), but my instinct would have been -2 instead of -1. It does fit with your higher pricetag, though.

3) Personally, I like the Quad cannons, and would probably keep them. Autoblasters are nice, but this ship seems like a ship that needs to be able to intercept and/or stop a target, and autoblasters just don't give you the range or the oomph. Quads would do it well.

4) As I can't tell what the official role would be, I can't say anything about tractor beams, but for a ship this size and for being part of the Empire, I'm shocked it wasn't equipped with some type of missile/torpedo ordnance. I understand the point on the Decimator, but if this has a higher price tag than the Decimator due to capabilities (and you can even raise it again), it would explain why we wouldn't see many of them out there.

Also note that we don't have in-setting notes on this. For all we know, this could have been Kuat's attempt to replace the Decimator.

5) On that same note, I'm uncertain as to the rarity. If it's replacing the Decimator, being the same or a notch higher wouldn't hurt. Then again, I tend to just eyeball rarity as it is so I have no room to talk.

If it's military, higher rating. If it's not, then go with the lower.

6) If this is a military vessel (and again, a Decimator replacement), then it should have an x1 Hyperdrive. If the ship is made privately, then x2 is fitting.

7) The TIE/HU is extremely rare and probably had to have undergone a massive amount of R&D for production. There's also the chance that the cost we see is a Black Market cost. It's also a more maneuverable X-Wing, which also doesn't come without a cost.

Just a few thoughts for you!

The Banshee art looks a lot like a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (from STDS9) to me.

Are either of them freighters?

Can anyone stat the Banshee http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Banshee_(starship) and the Shadow Caster http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Caster please? Or use the same stats for both ships?

Looking at the two, it's easy enough to use the stats for both ships since they are one in the same. I'll see what I can work up in the next day and throw it up on here.

Edit: well I got really bored, so I did two mock ups for both ships since there was slight different so let me know what you think of them

Shadow Caster (rebels era)
Era: Rebellion
Hull type: Patrol Boat
Ship Class: Gunship
Manufacturer: ?
Hyper drive
: Class: 2 Backup: Class 15
Navcomp: yes
Ship's Complement: 1 Pilot and/or 1 Co-Pilot
Encumbrance Capacity: 20
Consumables: one month
Cost/Rarity: 115,000 (75,000 used)/5
Customization Hard Points: 2
Defense: 1/0/0/1
Hull Threshold: 20
Weapons: 2 Blaster Cannons (Heavy) (Dam: 5, Crit: 4 (Linked 1)
Triple-Laser Cannons (light) (Range: Close, Dam: 5, Crit: 3)
Attachments: Tractor Beam (light) (Tractor 2)
Banshee (Clone Wars Variant)
Era: Rise of the Empire
Hull type: Patrol Boat
Ship Class: Gunship
Manufacturer: ?
Hyper drive: Class: 2 Backup: Class 15
Navcomp: yes
Ship's Complement: Pilot; Co-Pilot
Encumbrance Capacity: 20
Consumables: one Month
Cost/Rarity: 115,000 new (75,000 used)/5
Customization Hard Points: 2
Defense: 1/0/0/1
Hull Threshold: 20
Weapons: 2 Blaster Cannons Heavy (Dam: 5 Crit: 4 Range: Close (Linked 1)
2 Light Repeater Blasters (Skill: Range heavy, Dam: 11, Range: long, Crit: 3 (Linked 1, Pierce)(use personnel scale for damage)
Triple mounted blaster cannons (light) (Range: Close, Damage 4, Crit: 4)
Attachments: Cloaking Device (Pilot must spend an action activating system)(Daunting Perception or Vigilance Check, Once detected any attacks made to this ship while still active counts as a silhouette 0)
Edited by SynysterDreamer

Hi SynysterDreamer,

thanks for both stats. Nice ships ...

I think you have a good setup there, SynysterDreamer. Ships that only appear momentarily in a book are always a pain, but I think you did pretty well.

I'm really just popping in to this thread to say that I don't think I'll be adding more stats anytime soon. Three attempts with local gaming groups fell through (no one wants to learn a non-d20 game around here, even if it's Star Wars or Princess Bride-themed), and I really can't afford to keep buying books for a game I am not going to run anytime soon.

I'll still work with people who send me messages for ships and soundboarding requests, but I won't be lurking on the forums as much as I used to, sadly.

I think you have a good setup there, SynysterDreamer. Ships that only appear momentarily in a book are always a pain, but I think you did pretty well.

I'm really just popping in to this thread to say that I don't think I'll be adding more stats anytime soon. Three attempts with local gaming groups fell through (no one wants to learn a non-d20 game around here, even if it's Star Wars or Princess Bride-themed), and I really can't afford to keep buying books for a game I am not going to run anytime soon.

I'll still work with people who send me messages for ships and soundboarding requests, but I won't be lurking on the forums as much as I used to, sadly.

Sad to hear that, but I'll still be around to keep looking, and I'll help out as much as I can with coming up with stats.

Give me something to think about beside work, lol

Best of luck out there and hope to see you around on here from time to time.

Could we talk you into doing an online game?

I’m sure there are plenty of people who would be interested in playing in one of your games.