Cerebus

By Gonad the Ballbarian, in Talisman Rules Questions

I don't have the card in front of me, but my questions is this: If Cerebus is on the Portal of Power, and I am on the castle at the start of my turn. I roll a 4 for movement. Can I attempt to pick lock/break the down down, and if successful, then encounter the Cerebus. Assuming I defeat her/him/it, I end my turn on Plain of Peril. Or must I land exactly on the Cerebus to battle it. Then attempt to "go up" next turn?

I believe you need to land exactly on the poochie, kill him, then advance on the next turn. Of course, there are probably options available to you. Lord of the Pit, if killed, allows you to pop straight to the Plain of Peril. Destruction can blow him away, weirdly, Displacement can move him away from the Portal gran_risa.gif .

Dam said:

I believe you need to land exactly on the poochie, kill him, then advance on the next turn. Of course, there are probably options available to you. Lord of the Pit, if killed, allows you to pop straight to the Plain of Peril. Destruction can blow him away, weirdly, Displacement can move him away from the Portal gran_risa.gif .

talismanamsilat specified you have to land exactly on Cerberus, kill him and cross the Portal next turn. Once it took me 10 turns to do this.